Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap Mouse House/Food Dish Combi

3 posters

Go down

Cheap Mouse House/Food Dish Combi Empty Cheap Mouse House/Food Dish Combi

Post by sweetlings Mon 27 Feb 2017, 11:41 pm

This might be something totally obvious that everybody already thought about, but it just occurred to me that it might help someone! At second hand knick knack/charity shops, i always find a LOT of these little oil burners/candle tart melters -

Cheap Mouse House/Food Dish Combi Img_6910

And they make great little mouse homes! I've heard of a lot of people using mugs as hides to cool their critters down in the hot weather, but my girls prefer something more enclosed (just like this). It also doubles as an elevated food dish on top, so my girls can't keep kicking their bedding all over their food. I'm not sure if they're so easy to find everywhere else, but I always see tons of them, and they cost around $2 second hand. Thought someone else might be interested in the suggestion Smile
sweetlings
sweetlings
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Cheap Mouse House/Food Dish Combi Empty Re: Cheap Mouse House/Food Dish Combi

Post by scaredymouse Tue 28 Feb 2017, 1:30 am

Excellent suggestion! But most of us are in on that secret already Smile

I find that I see everything in a different light now that I have mice. I'm always on the lookout for regular things that can be used for mice, lol. Some of my best things came from thrift shops or the aquarium/reptile section.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetlings Tue 28 Feb 2017, 1:43 am

And here I thought I was being clever Wink

I know exactly what you mean - thrift stores and tupperware isles are a whole new world now Laughing
sweetlings
sweetlings
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 28 Feb 2017, 7:27 am

Yepper! I love finding those ceramic burners at thrift shops. I have an owl one and a bee hive. Ear wiggle I have found other cute ceramic dishes and hides there, that weren't really intended for that use. And the occasional hard plastic doll house. Cool

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum