Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

critter artwork

4 posters

Go down

critter artwork Empty critter artwork

Post by scaredymouse Fri 06 May 2016, 11:00 pm

So this is what I was doing last night Bouncy

This is what Splotchy made.  It's called "The things I do for my mother"

critter artwork X0Cm1Nq

And I was really hoping that the mousie art would be as awesome as the hamster art... but the mice just don't weight enough to get good footprints.  I might try a different kind of paper some other time....  Anyway, this is from Furgie & Gilly and it's called "If we have to"

critter artwork QLbJSLv

I also found this when I cleaned the tank today.  Look at all the hearts they collected and put in their nest Love Love Love

critter artwork FNLNrXT
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

critter artwork Empty Re: critter artwork

Post by Peachy Sat 07 May 2016, 1:22 am

What a neat idea, even if the mouse one didn't turn out perfect. :mona:
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 07 May 2016, 2:30 am

If my ladies weren't so old and perhaps a little more enthusiastic to participate, like Splotchy, I would have maybe spent more time making it more of a tail painting. We could have called it "there's a paintbrush on my butt"

Anyway, it didn't turn out too bad for a first try. It makes a nice keepsake and a fun memory.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sat 07 May 2016, 6:01 pm

I love it Smile also, the fact that the mice aren't heavy enough to make decent footprints is just adorable lol.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Tue 10 May 2016, 1:37 pm

I love this idea!
What do you use as 'paint' that is safe for mice/hamsters?

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 10 May 2016, 3:49 pm

food coloring from the grocery store. they have so many different kinds, just make sure there isn't any sugar in it. actually, I just bought a bunch of easter egg dye on sale after easter, same thing, and used that. it makes a big mess, but it's gone by the next day.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Wed 11 May 2016, 11:00 am

That's amazing Very Happy Thanks!
I must try this!

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Wed 11 May 2016, 1:39 pm

Easter egg dyes are often really pretty colours too. Really cool idea Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 11 May 2016, 1:43 pm

so, the way do it is to make a little ink pad, basically. mix up some food coloring with just a little water, then lay a piece of felt in a shallow plate and saturate it with the diluted food coloring. it will be a soggy ink pad. make sure the water is a nice temperature.

you are asking your mice to get their toes a little wet.... since this is a public forum, I have to say to anyone reading this, don't make your mice do this if they don't want to! also, only the bottom of their feet should be coming into contact with the damp felt. It might get a little messy and that's okay. DO NOT try to wash/clean your mouse. Mice can't regulate their temperature, so if they get wet, they can get hypothermic, sick, and/or die. So, whatever food coloring they get on themselves, they will clean it up themselves.

my mice are really tame and they walked through ink a few times and then they didn't want to do it anymore. of course, make sure they get lots of treats. Have fun. if I learn anything, I'll pass it along. our first mousie painting didn't come out that well... so I might try different paper next time. last time, I used fancy watercolor paper. maybe next time, i'll also try less water mixed with the food color.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 11 May 2016, 4:46 pm

I found this handy color chart for food coloring.  It tells you how many drops of which color(s) you need to get the color you want.

hopefully it's readable when you zoom in

critter artwork W6smfIV
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: