Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baron

3 posters

Go down

Baron Empty Baron

Post by September Thu 09 Mar 2017, 11:33 pm

So I posted last night that I was planning to get a mouse fairly soon, and I would definitely say this counts as soon.

I went to Petsmart today and brought along a carrier just in case Razz when I noticed that their only cage of mice (3 males) was discounted 75% percent. At first I was disheartened, because I was sure it meant they were sick and it was, again, the only cage of mice. But I decided to watch them for awhile and I saw no visible signs of illness, they all seemed to be alert, healthy, and interested in their environment. Finally, I asked an associate point blank what was wrong with them. He said nothing was wrong with them, but they had gotten too old to stay together and started fighting and the store didn't have enough cages to separate them, so they had dropped the price to tempt people into buying them. I was very surprised as to how knowledgeable he seemed about mice, and decided to trust him about this explanation. So he opened up the cage and it was obvious that the associates had been handling them quite a bit--they weren't a bit skittish about my hand, and I was able to easily handle all three before choosing which one I wanted.

Enough rambling, here are the first (crappy cell phone) pictures of my new little man, Baron! (Also note the water bowl has since been replaced with a bottle, I forgot to get an aquarium hanger like a dummy and had to go back to the store)

Baron Baron_10

Baron Baron_12

Baron Baron_11
September
September

Virgo

Back to top Go down

Baron Empty Re: Baron

Post by Peachy Fri 10 Mar 2017, 12:09 am

Congrats!! Is he brindle? I've had many brindles because of my brindle litters... kinda got a soft spot for them now. Love
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by September Fri 10 Mar 2017, 12:46 am

Peachy wrote:Congrats!! Is he brindle? I've had many brindles because of my brindle litters... kinda got a soft spot for them now. Love

Yes, I believe he is, and also thank you because the name of his color has been on the tip of my tongue all day and I just couldn't remember what it was called haha.
September
September

Virgo

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 10 Mar 2017, 8:10 am

Awww, congrats! I think it's safe to trust what the store employee told you. They often put animals on sale once they've been there "too long."

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by September Sun 12 Mar 2017, 5:36 pm

Baron had his first taming session today! Although, I hesitate to even call it a "taming session" because he's really already tamed. Maybe his first bonding session would be more accurate Laughing He was chasing my hand around while I was spot cleaning his cage, so I figured he'd had enough time to settle and got him out to play. What a wonderful, confident, friendly little mouse he already is!

I swear I took about a hundred pics with my cell, but these were the only two worth sharing. I moved recently and I thought I knew where I packed my actual camera, but I was wrong. Can't wait to find it lol.

Baron Baron_13

Baron Baron_14
September
September

Virgo

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 12 Mar 2017, 6:10 pm

I do the same - take about a hundred pictures but only a couple are worth keeping or sharing. Cell phone camera is all I have atm. Baron looks like a sweetie.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by September Sun 12 Mar 2017, 6:16 pm

CallaLily wrote:I do the same - take about a hundred pictures but only a couple are worth keeping or sharing.  Cell phone camera is all I have atm.  Baron looks like a sweetie.  

Wouldn't it be nice if our mice would just stay still and let us take a hundred pics worth sharing? We just wanna let everyone see how cute they are! Very Happy

And thanks, I've only had him a few days but he does seem to be an absolute sweetheart!
September
September

Virgo

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 12 Mar 2017, 6:19 pm

My camera can be temperamental, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When I have to use my cell phone, I try to take a video, slow it down, and then get screenshots. Works much better! lol

He sounds like a terrific mouse!! I'm so glad you got such a sweetie. Cheer
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum