Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delilah

+2
AnonymousMouseOwner
scaredymouse
6 posters

Go down

Delilah  Empty Delilah

Post by scaredymouse Tue 14 Mar 2017, 9:51 pm

Delilah died very peacefully in my hands today. I'm heartbroken. She had a good life, she had loyal friends, and she was loved. I am so grateful that she left this world so gently and that I was with her. I am going to miss her very much

Run free little love, I hope you found Gilly & Furgie. Until we meet again...

Delilah  Adobep20

Delilah  Aa6b0110

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Delilah  Empty Re: Delilah

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 14 Mar 2017, 10:37 pm

So sorry you lost her, Scaredy. She looked like a sweet mouse. I voted for her in the photo contest, those pictures are too cute.
Delilah  Adobep10

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 15 Mar 2017, 12:39 am

You're killing me with your inspirational quotes! I'm a puddle over here! Delilah was such a sweet mouse, even from the beginning. She came from the feeder bin.... She was so beautiful and so spirited, I has to bring her home. I has just lost my Penny (scaredy mouse) and I got her for Gilly & Furgie. But I didn't expect to bond with her because I was too heartbroken. But we really connected. She was always in the hammock begging to come out. Always. I could call her name and she would come... Anyway, she will be sorely missed for sure. I feel bad for Jellybean, she has lost 3 of her sisters and is the oldest now. She looks sad ☹ she'll be getting extra cuddles this week.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 15 Mar 2017, 12:50 am

scaredymouse wrote:You're killing me with your inspirational quotes!  I'm a puddle over here!  Delilah was such a sweet mouse, even from the beginning.  She came from the feeder bin.... She was so beautiful and so spirited, I has to bring her home.  I has just lost my Penny (scaredy mouse) and I got her for Gilly & Furgie.  But I didn't expect to bond with her because I was too heartbroken.  But we really connected.  She was always in the hammock begging to come out.  Always.  I could call her name and she would come... Anyway, she will be sorely missed for sure.  I feel bad for Jellybean, she has lost 3 of her sisters and is the oldest now.  She looks sad ☹️  she'll be getting extra cuddles this week.
Ah, sorry, they are happy tears though, no? Smile
She sounds like she was so sweet, all your mice are so sweet. Love Awh, poor little Jellybean!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 15 Mar 2017, 1:45 am

I'm so sorry to hear, scaredy. Sad It was very inspiring to hear about how well Delilah's colony took care of her.

It's crazy to think that Jellybean is the oldest! Oh my goodness, how old is she? I remember my "originals", the girls that made me get more mice so they wouldn't be lonely. I fell for each one. I hope you and the rest of your girls will be okay soon. Heart
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 15 Mar 2017, 1:49 am

Here's a post for you, anonymous Wink

Yeah, happy tears.  With all the critters that pass through here, I inevitably spend a fair amount of time grieving.  It comes with the territory.  While I don't enjoy it, I've really come to understand it and be at peace.  For one, it reminds me that I'm alive and I don't ever want the day to come where a critter dies and it * doesn't* break my heart.  And I've also come to realize that grief is by nature a selfish feeling and I feel better when I remember that.  I'm not sad because Delilah is in heaven and free from suffering!  For that, I am happy.  I'm sad because I miss her.  So, remembering that there is joy and love mixed in there make it easier to bear Smile

So yes, happy tears Smile

And Peachy, my little Bean will be a year old in 2 weeks!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Wed 15 Mar 2017, 2:37 am

I'm sorry for your loss Scaredy :-( she sounds like she was such a sweet mouse.

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 15 Mar 2017, 9:04 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. hugs

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Wed 15 Mar 2017, 5:42 pm

Aw, not Delilah Sad . I remember when you brought her home to keep Furgie and Gilly company after Penny passed. It hardly seems possible that that much time has elapsed for her to have become a senior mouse. At least you were with her when she passed, a relief for both of you.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum