Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magnus

3 posters

Go down

Magnus Empty Magnus

Post by LunaHyzen Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:42 pm

I got two brothers at the same time, Calcifer and Magnus. Magnus was always the bigger of the two and definitely wasn't afraid to explore. I'd always look over to see him climbing on his ceiling or running full speed on his wheel while Cal took a gentle stroll on his wheel.
Last month I noticed Mag was acting weird, he'd lost weight and wasn't very active. He started walking in circles and even when I placed water in front of him he wouldn't touch it. I decided to take him to the vet and left home for another appointment before I could take him in. When I came home his circling had become even worse. He was just circling and circling and circling. He was clearly dizzy but he wouldn't stop. I drove as fast as I could to the only vet office that had availability. When I got there the receptionist was so kind, telling me how he cute he was and of course I knew that! He's was a very handsome little boy. The vet came in to take a look at him and, after only a few minutes of observing him, informed me that he had likely had a stroke caused by a brain tumor. He was only 8 months old, it wasn't his time and it happened in only two days. I couldn't fill out any of the paper work because I was crying and petting him. My sister filled it all out and helped me pay the vet bills. When the vet came back to take him away it was heartbreaking to know that I was paying to have my pet that I loved so much to be put down. But he wasn't living anymore and I couldn't stand to see him circling anymore. When I got home I went to my room and pet his brother for awhile. Cal seemed to know he wouldn't see his brother next door anymore and he really cheered me up.
I have six more mice, three hamsters, a rabbit, and a lizard so I dread the next time I lose a pet. I've lost four pets in just five months and it's hard but it's better to see them at peace than in pain.
I try to smile every time I think about Mag now. I remember him climbing on his roof and being amazed that he could even jump that high! And watching him run on his wheel with all his might is something I will never forget. And even though I didn't like it at the time, I fondly remember how he'd scent all over me and my whole neck would smell like a male mouse, ew! But now it makes me smile. I'll miss the tiny spot of white on his forehead, he was almost completely black otherwise.
He had such an impact on me and I'll miss him for years to come.
Magnus June 2016-February 12th 2017.
Magnus 16707531_1752588508091984_9018547982516101041_o

Aries

Back to top Go down

Magnus Empty Re: Magnus

Post by scaredymouse Thu 16 Mar 2017, 5:54 am

I'm so sorry to hear about Magnus, he was indeed very hamsome (and big!). It's a terrible decision to have to make on behalf of our dear furry friends. I also have quite a lot if animals in my house and am sometimes overwhelmed by the heartache that lies ahead. But we can't live like that! I feel your pain though, I have put so many pets to sleep and have had many more take their last breaths in my hands. In fact, I just lost a special mouse on Tuesday. I am grieving with you this week. Again, I am so sorry for your loss

I love his name, but the way. One of my recent new mice had an accidental litter and my hubby named of the babies Magnus, which is such an awesome name but a little funny for a teeny tiny baby mouse! I'm sure he'll grow into it.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 16 Mar 2017, 10:19 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was a happy guy and I'm sure he knew how loved he was. hugs

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum