Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can mice chew on greenies (made for dogs) without harm?

3 posters

Go down

Can mice chew on greenies (made for dogs) without harm? Empty Can mice chew on greenies (made for dogs) without harm?

Post by essentiallysue Fri 24 Mar 2017, 11:30 am

I bought some Whimzees for my Syrian (which are like Greenies) and she is afraid of them. She nearly bounced out of her cage when I put them in. I tried more than once and got the same result. They are shaped like little alligators. I am told on another website that Syrians love them. But Donna doesn't. Can I use them for my mice??? Does anybody know?

essentiallysue
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Can mice chew on greenies (made for dogs) without harm? Empty Re: Can mice chew on greenies (made for dogs) without harm?

Post by CallaLily Fri 24 Mar 2017, 2:40 pm

Whimzees are safe from what I've read. I haven't personally ever used them though. I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that Greenies are a concern - different ingredients and a lot of talk of dogs and cats getting sick or impacted.  I think there are other shapes to whimzees.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Can mice chew on greenies (made for dogs) without harm? Empty Re: Can mice chew on greenies (made for dogs) without harm?

Post by scaredymouse Fri 24 Mar 2017, 3:12 pm

I think I recall that the verdict is no on the greenies. Whimzees are fine though and my mice love them! I get the extra small ones that are shaped like little toothbrushes. They are small enough for mice to pick up and carry them away. I have alligators to that I give to the bigger beasts but I'm sure mice would like them just the same. Anyway, they are safe so go ahead and try!

Poor Donna, scared of the alligator Sad

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum