Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toad

5 posters

Go down

Toad Empty Toad

Post by Akoniti Sat 01 Apr 2017, 6:55 pm

Toad (aka Toady-toady, Toadaroni, The Toadster) passed away yesterday morning. She was a sweet, gentle, skittish, obese critter- really fast and strong, but easily frightened.

Her and her roommate Link (aka Sinky) were our first pair of mice, and were the best of buds. Over the last week Toad just lost steam; no real symptoms, she just wasn't her usual active self, and didn't seem to have much appetite for anything but treats. The last couple of nights she slept away from the nest, but Stinky migrated with her and snuggled her.

Yesterday morning I was checking on them when Toad suddenly had her death throes- Stinky tried to hold onto her as she flailed a few times, then started grooming her after she passed. It was pretty heartbreaking...

Anyway, here's to Toad! One of our first mice, who stayed strong (and fat) to the very end, somehow living to about two despite us knowing almost nothing about mousies when we got her.

You will be missed Toady Toady Smile

On a positive note, we integrated Stinky with our other colony last night once they all woke up. A thouroughly cleaned tank, a watchful night, and a bunch of mealworms and cheerios later they're all snoozing together in the nest.
Akoniti
Akoniti
Jr Member
Jr Member

Creative

Back to top Go down

Toad Empty Re: Toad

Post by LazyMouse Sat 01 Apr 2017, 8:20 pm

Awww, my condolences for this happening, glad she lived a nice life though  Angel

LazyMouse
LazyMouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Pisces Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 01 Apr 2017, 8:43 pm

She sounds like she was a fine mouse and a faithful friend. I'm glad to hear link had a family to move in with. Rest in peace, sweet little Toad.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 02 Apr 2017, 2:55 am

I'm sorry to hear about Toad. (Off topic, but I have a boy named Frog who is a fun little fat fellow. lol)

I hope Link continues to loves her new mouse family, and I hope you're doing well too. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoniti Fri 21 Apr 2017, 7:01 pm

Thanks for the kind words all Smile

Toad is now buried on a sunny hiltop by a tree; her roomie Link is not far behind, she has a tumor and is losing steam fast. The new colony is taking care of her for now though.

Here's a picture of Toady:

Toad Img_0710

Angel RIP: Link, Toad, Despereaux, Minnow, Shogun, Ophelia, Arya, Zeo, D2
Akoniti
Akoniti
Jr Member
Jr Member

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 21 Apr 2017, 8:35 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Toady. I'm glad to hear Link has new friends to help he with her loss. I hope you are ok. God bless Toady.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum