Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aspen Bedding

4 posters

Go down

Aspen Bedding Empty Aspen Bedding

Post by PastelMouse Sun 09 Apr 2017, 10:49 am

Mostly for cost, I've decided that if I get a mouse I may use aspen (and switch my hamster to it as well.) Does anyone have brand recommendations that are at Petsmart or possibly Petco? Those are basically the only two places I get pet stuff from. I was looking at Grreat Choice from Petsmart.
http://www.petsmart.com/small-pet/supplies/bedding-and-litter/bedding/grreat-choice-aspen-small-pet-bedding-3542.html

Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

Aspen Bedding Empty Re: Aspen Bedding

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 09 Apr 2017, 10:08 pm

I can't say I use aspen now, but I used to when I was new to keeping mice. However, I switched because I learned about paper bedding and was very happy with it. I used aspen snake bedding by Zoo Med. It is designed for snakes to slither through (so it's not all pokey). It is in very fine shreds making it a lot softer than any other aspen bedding I've found. So if you have to use aspen, I suggest that kind. However, I will tell you that paper bedding is so much better in my opinion. It is usually less dusty, softer, fluffier, and comes in fun colors! Here is the snake bedding on Drs. Foster and Smith: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=31787

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by PastelMouse Mon 10 Apr 2017, 9:01 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:I can't say I use aspen now, but I used to when I was new to keeping mice. However, I switched because I learned about paper bedding and was very happy with it. I used aspen snake bedding by Zoo Med. It is designed for snakes to slither through (so it's not all pokey). It is in very fine shreds making it a lot softer than any other aspen bedding I've found. So if you have to use aspen, I suggest that kind. However, I will tell you that paper bedding is so much better in my opinion. It is usually less dusty, softer, fluffier, and comes in fun colors! Here is the snake bedding on Drs. Foster and Smith: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=31787

Thanks for the info. I may actually just use Kaytee Clean n Cozy, it's soft and not too expensive as paper bedding goes.

Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 10 Apr 2017, 9:14 pm

Your mouse would be much happier on paper bedding. I use clean and cozy, it's always on sale on Amazon.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Aspen Bedding Empty It's okay!

Post by Nijimi にじみ Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:13 am

There's nothing wrong with aspen that's made for small animals. I have a huge bag of So Phresh aspen (50L) which is half my height (5'3"). I use a layer of aspen (1.5 inch) and then a layer of carefresh (.5 inch). Carefresh Confetti adds a lot a color and it's soft so the mice can make a nest. I put botanical hay in their cage too(works as nesting material too). Botanical hay smells good and it keeps their teeth down. Hay is actually beneficial to small animals but people are scared of mites. It's okay to use hay that you buy from a trusted source, but don't going bringing some back from outside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum