Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny's Furr and Feathers

4 posters

Go down

Bunny's Furr and Feathers Empty Bunny's Furr and Feathers

Post by CallaLily Thu 12 May 2016, 2:01 pm

After watching a couple unboxing videos from BFF (and other companies like it) by Carislittlepiggies on YouTube, I couldn't help but place an order. Well, first I messaged BFF to make sure they put together FunPacks for mice too, which they said of course!  It just seemed like too much fun, getting a surprise package of stuff for the mice. I only ordered one box this time but you can also subscribe to 3 months or 6 months. Fun fun fun!  Like Christmas!  Jump Hearts

So here's my unboxing pics.
Bunny's Furr and Feathers 1463076590368-640x640

It came neatly packaged with cute little footprints on the box and addressed to Seren, who I ordered it for as a special treat due to her tumor.  Shipping was fast too.  By the way, you can comment when you place your order on any special needs, if you prefer all natural products, etc. I only commented about Seren's tumor (in case that info was needed for any reason) and that she lived with 3 other female mice.

Here's a closer look at what was inside.
Bunny's Furr and Feathers 1463077190061-640x640

Overall I'm pretty pleased. The fleece cuddle cup (made of all fleece, no padding or anything) is so pretty!  I think I'll try to hang it in their cage and I know they'll love it. I'll use the crinkle tube in the play bin only. I've almost bought one before, thinking the mice would love it at play time. Definitely not an in-cage item though, so I can make sure they don't chew it. We've had chews similar to the wooden/loofah "strawberry," so I know they'll enjoy that (I think it looks like a radish Laughing ).   Same for the bundle of chew sticks. I've never seen the little bundles like this though. So cute!  I've never seen the Alfalfa fields Alfa-Rolls before. Ingredients: rice, corn, alfalfa, rattan whip, sugar, and artificial colors. So a rare treat but it feels crunchy and I think they'll enjoy them. And last but not least, Brown's Extreme Trail Mix. Ingredients: peanuts, stripe sunflower seeds, green peas, raisins, pumpkin seeds, wheat flour, watermelon seeds, dates, carrots, sweet potatoes, wheat, cranberries, maize flour, puffed rice, and rice. An occasional treat that I wouldn't have purchased myself, but it'll be fun to try. Nothing wrong with it, though I know many would not offer the peanuts or sunflower seeds, I just don't often purchase commercial treats. Looking in the bag there is whole pieces of the dried fruits/veggies, rice puffs, pasta wheels, peanuts, whole seeds, flakes peas, and some little pellet things. Smells nice, like trail mix.

Anywho, thought I'd share. I probably will place another order in the future, see what other neat things they'll send for me to try.  Here's the link in case anyone's interested. http://www.bffpetpack.com/

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Bunny's Furr and Feathers Empty Re: Bunny's Furr and Feathers

Post by Peachy Thu 12 May 2016, 2:38 pm

Ooh, what fun!! I hardly ever buy stuff from pet stores (besides their food), but this would be such a neat way to occasionally spoil the mice. I hope I'll remember to check back in a couple months. Razz
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 12 May 2016, 3:50 pm

Yeah, I thought it would be a fun way to try things I might not normally buy. Plus the fun of the surprise. Though they do send you a "sneak peek" email on the day your package should be arriving, but you don't have to read it!

I hung the cuddle cup and they've been checking it out. They've already nibbled on the strawberry and the stick bundle. I gave them one of the Alfa-Rolls and they quickly pulled it into a hide to munch on (I'll pull it out in a little bit so they don't eat too much). I just love watching them spark around excitedly over new things. Hearts

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Thu 12 May 2016, 4:48 pm

I tried to find something like this once, but doesn't seem like there's a UK-based subscription box for small pets Sad

Maybe I'll have to start a new business venture Laughing

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 12 May 2016, 5:05 pm

I think Carislittlepiggies mentioned a few....let me check.

Edit: though I don't know if they do mice...

Edit2: Looks like they only do bunnies and guinea pigs. Thumbs Down Though I couldn't get one of her links to work.

Here's the video that convinced me to go ahead and try it.
https://youtu.be/r-ARr8W2fGU

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:49 pm

I've placed another order from them for a box for Celyn and Rina's birthday next month. They messaged me back asking if I was willing to wait a little extra so they could custom order/make stuff to be more festive. I'm so excited! You'd think it was my birthday coming up. Giddy Can't wait! Bouncy

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:27 pm

Yay!  It arrived today!  It's going to be tough waiting until their birthday next month to give them all of their new fun treats. Bouncy

Bunny's Furr and Feathers 14763810

I can see BFF took the time to choose very colorful, festive items.   I'm so glad I was able to order them a pack for their birthday!  They're the first mice I've owned that I've known their actual real birth date and making the gifts a surprise to even me has just made it that much more fun!  Of course it's just a start. I have plans to decorate the whole tank in a bday theme and plan on giving them a little "cake" party.

Anywho, here's what was inside this BFF FunPack:
Bunny's Furr and Feathers 14763811

• 2 adorable little palm leaf baskets stuffed with colorful crinkle paper. I know they'll enjoy ripping them to shreds. They're almost too cute to give to them. Almost. Laughing
  • A very festive cuddle cup.  They enjoy the other one we recieved from BFF (and it's held up nicely) so I know they'll like this one too. I usually hang it from the lid but this time I'm going to try to come up with a popsicle stick stand for it. They're reversible (did I mention that with the last one?).
    Bunny's Furr and Feathers 14763812

• CritterWare Rice Pops.  These have very similar ingredients to the Alfa-Rolls, so I know they'll enjoy them. I might snag an idea I've seen a YouTuber do with these in the cage theme. Very Happy
  • 2 CritterWare Carnival Crops Candy Shop Pops.  Again, very similar ingredients to the Alfa-Rolls so I know they will gobble them up. Super cute how they look like little lollipops!
  • A corn husk tunnel.  I think this is the one by Living World. It's just a thick cardboard tube wrapped in braided and shredded corn husk. I know they love tunnels and I really think they'll enjoy the new texture - I don't think I've given them anything made from corn husk before. Should be fun!  

So that's it. All in all I'm really pleased with everything. BFF is such a fun company and their customer service is excellent.  Hoping I'll be able to get them one for Christmas too. Depends on the hubby. Laughing

Edit: Off Topic - Anyone else have trouble with pictures cutting off or is it just my phone? You can click to see full pics (links off site) so it's no biggie. Just curious.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:41 pm

Those baskets are so cute! Is it your girls that I share a birthday with? I think it is. Razz That's a long time to wait! I bet they'll have lots of fun though.

We didn't do anything special for first birthdays here because I forgot, but Yoshi's second birthday is in November, too. I need to figure out some fun things for him. Smile

My phone cuts off pictures too.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:45 pm

November 20?  It's going to feel like forever!  But I wanted to order extra early to make sure everything was ready to go. I'm weird like that. I tend to be either really, really early or things slip by completely missed. There's no in between. Laugh

I hope you'll do pics of Yoshi's celebration!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Thu 13 Oct 2016, 3:27 pm

This is such a cute idea! I've seen boxes like this for cats (and am pretty sure I won't be able to resist them one day Laughing), and my mom subscribes to Ipsy, which is a monthly cosmetic type package (with nail polishes and lipsticks and stuff), but I never even thought that mice could get something like this too!!! How adorable!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 13 Oct 2016, 3:43 pm

Off Topic again - but I finally figured out why some posts are a different color! Laughing Not the purple of a new post but sort of grayish. It's when you hit the "Thanks" button. Shake head I've only been trying to figure that out for weeks. Silly

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 13 Oct 2016, 3:59 pm

Yes, November 20th! Yay. Yoshi came from Petco on December 24, so we get to guess at his birthday. Maybe we'll celebrate it on Thanksgiving. Razz

I was confused about the blue posts, too. lol I had the thanks button up a few months ago but don't remember it changing colors. It looks like it also counts as 3 (or 5?) like points instead of only one. Neato!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 13 Oct 2016, 4:05 pm

I'm not sure I ever would have figured it out if not for Artist's comment in her sleepover thread and then testing it here. Laughing I don't remember it changing before either. Maybe it's just more noticeable with the Fall theme?

Aww, Thanksgiving sounds good! I'm guessing Hazel's birthday is earlier November based on NM's guess on her age when I got her. I figure I'll just let her celebrate with Celyn and Rina. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Thu 13 Oct 2016, 4:06 pm

Aaw this is sooo cute Smile I love the idea of decorating the tank for birthdays Smile these are great items for one hell of a mouse party!! maybe make the mice some paper chains and hang them from the roof?

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum