Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brown's Extreme! Trail Mix

Go down

Brown's Extreme! Trail Mix Empty Brown's Extreme! Trail Mix

Post by CallaLily Sat 14 May 2016, 3:00 pm

Brown's Extreme! Trail Mix 2016-05-14-15-12-07--2137774941

I thought I would go ahead and give a quick review of this product in case anyone was interested, though I have not yet offered it to the mice.

Ingredients exactly as listed on the packaging: peanuts, stripe sunflower seeds, green peas, raisins, pumpkin seeds, wheat flour, watermelon seeds, dates, carrots, sweet potatoes, wheat, cranberries, maize flour, puffed rice and rice.

Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 12.5%, Crude Fat (min) 15%, Crude Fiber (max) 12%, Moisture (max) 12%.

So you can see this treat is very fatty.  The ingredients list seems a bit scewed too.

What it looks like:Brown's Extreme! Trail Mix 20160514_154236-1-550x550

Individual pieces:
Brown's Extreme! Trail Mix 2016-05-14%2015.24.57

The top three pieces are all peanuts. There's plain halves and whole ones coated in two different looking things.  Maybe the wheat flour and/or maize flour? I cracked them open, they are definitely coated peanuts. These make up the bulk of the bag, as the list suggests. And the sunflower seeds too. There seems to be a greater amount of puffed rice than the list suggests, I feel like almost as much as the pumpkin seeds, and not as much of the flakes peas as the list suggests. It does smell like a natural trail mix, so there's that.

I will update on what the mice think, though I'm sure with as fatty as it is they will like it. But even so, I do not plan on keeping this treat on hand.  Once it's gone, it's gone.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Brown's Extreme! Trail Mix Empty Alfalfa Fields Alfa-Rolls

Post by CallaLily Sat 14 May 2016, 4:07 pm

Figured I add this here rather than start another thread.

Brown's Extreme! Trail Mix 2016-05-14-16-48-17--1318085982

The mice loved this thing.  Probably because of the addition of sugar.

Ingredients: rice, corn, alfalfa, rattan whip, sugar, FD&C yellow no. 5, FD&C blue no. 1.

Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 7.6%, Crude Fiber (max) 51.8%, Moisture (max) 7.4%.  (doesn't list fat - I'm guessing not much)

Basically this thing is rice, corn, sugar, and coloring blended together and wrapped around a rattan stick with bits of alfalfa hay stuck at the ends.  I like how each roll is wrapped individually.  It is a crunchy treat, plus the safe wood, so doubles as a chew.  I wish it wasn't full of sugar and artificial colors.  Another treat that was fun to have a closer look at but I won't be keeping on hand.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down