Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hides/Beds for Sale!

4 posters

Go down

Custom Hides/Beds for Sale! Empty Custom Hides/Beds for Sale!

Post by masonbee Sun 14 May 2017, 2:13 am

Hello! Let me know if this shouldn't go here,  I make custom, perfectly mouse-sized hides and hammocks, for everyone interested!
My girls love theirs, they tear apart every hide they can, except these ones!
I've got listings on my Etsy, but can also take custom orders through email. I think my prices are pretty good, I'm charging $7 for a small, 1 mouse bed, or $12 for a medium. I also make hammocks, but my girls have never shown much interest in them.
EDIT: If you buy on Easy, make sure you specify at check-out that they are for mice and you'd like it to be all fleece!
Just specific color, pattern, and how many mice you have, or size by inch if you prefer.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RatChase?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Best!

Custom Hides/Beds for Sale! Img_1110
Custom Hides/Beds for Sale! Img_0512

Last edited by masonbee on Sun 14 May 2017, 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bridget and Judith are my sweet Virgo rescue girls Love
masonbee
masonbee

Cancer Busy

https://thethingfromthething.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Custom Hides/Beds for Sale! Empty Re: Custom Hides/Beds for Sale!

Post by scaredymouse Sun 14 May 2017, 6:15 am

Sure, this is fine to post in this section. You can also post a link to your etsy.

Your products look nice, however, cotton is not a safe fabric to use for mice. Fleece is perfectly safe, but *not* cotton. Same holds true for thread.... Polyester is safe but not cotton. Cotton fibers, if ingested, can get tangled up in their stomach/intestines causing big problems.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by masonbee Sun 14 May 2017, 12:12 pm

scaredymouse wrote:Sure, this is fine to post in this section.  You can also post a link to your etsy.

Your products look nice, however, cotton is not a safe fabric to use for mice.  Fleece is perfectly safe, but *not* cotton.  Same holds true for thread.... Polyester is safe but not cotton.  Cotton fibers, if ingested, can get tangled up in their stomach/intestines causing big problems.

Thank you for letting me know!
I was under the impression that cotton was safe as long as there were no seems to easily chew on. I've amended the post so I know to make them more mouse-safe in the future!

masonbee
masonbee

Cancer Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 14 May 2017, 7:55 pm

Nice! I got a sewing machine in December but am still practicing circles. Giggling

I made a few things for the mice and the guinea pig, though. A few of my previous mice enjoyed chewing right through the middle of their hammocks... the current ones are content with just sleeping in them, so I wouldn't hesitate too much about cotton on the outside for them... but this is why we recommend using safe fabrics exclusively.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by masonbee Sun 28 May 2017, 12:54 pm

OK! I came up with a new design, I'd love some feedback on!

Basically it's an all-fleece hide with no inside seems sticking out. (basically I sewed two cubes and flipped one inside the other. it's hard to see in the picture, but the inside is basically a copy of the outside cube)
This is just a trial so it looks pretty dumpy, but I'm thinking of adding it to my shop as a more chew-resistant version?

Custom Hides/Beds for Sale! Img_1610
Custom Hides/Beds for Sale! Img_1611

masonbee
masonbee

Cancer Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by PastelMouse Sun 28 May 2017, 3:03 pm

masonbee wrote:OK! I came up with a new design, I'd love some feedback on!

Basically it's an all-fleece hide with no inside seems sticking out. (basically I sewed two cubes and flipped one inside the other. it's hard to see in the picture, but the inside is basically a copy of the outside cube)
This is just a trial so it looks pretty dumpy, but I'm thinking of adding it to my shop as a more chew-resistant version?

Custom Hides/Beds for Sale! Img_1610
Custom Hides/Beds for Sale! Img_1611

Sounds good, it's more unique so that's a bonus. Pets would probably like it!

Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 28 May 2017, 3:25 pm

That's a fairly common design for chinchillas. I'm sure mice would love it. I've made something similar in a triangle shape and my mice loved it.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum