Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best mouse food for my mice?

3 posters

Go down

Best mouse food for my mice?  Empty Best mouse food for my mice?

Post by antant26 Sun 28 May 2017, 10:37 pm

Right now I feed Healthy Select Parakeet Food, but I feel like it doesn't have enough variety. Any other mixes I should try?

antant26
Jr Member
Jr Member

Virgo Elated

Back to top Go down

Best mouse food for my mice?  Empty Re: Best mouse food for my mice?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 28 May 2017, 10:48 pm

Vitakraft Vitasmart Parakeet is what I usually use, and it's one of the recommended foods on this forum. There's also Vita Prima Sunseed Parakeet, it's good too.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 29 May 2017, 9:07 am

There's a few other brands of commercial foods listed in the Diet thread in the Nutrition section.

I used to use Healthy Select Parakeet food. When I did, I added other grains and seeds each time I filled the dish. Oats, barley, rye, buckwheat, brown rice, chia, flax, hemp, pumpkin, etc.  Back then I didn't calculate how this changed the GA.  But I do like to calculate that with the mix I'm using now, especially with my add-ins being more than 50% of the mix.

If you're looking for more variety in a mix without adding anything to it, Brown's Tropical Carnival (though just a heads up that a few have had trouble with moldy bags) or the Vitakraft Vita Prima Dwarf Hamster are two on that recommended list that have more variety than the parakeet mixes listed there.

Edit: I can't remember the ingredients in Healthy Select Parakeet and apparently it's not carried online anymore.  Can you post the ingredients here for me?  If I remember right, it wasn't too bad on variety.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum