Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are These Safe?

3 posters

Go down

Are These Safe? Empty Are These Safe?

Post by MouseBites Mon 29 May 2017, 5:42 pm

I just wanted to double check on some stuff. i've heard that most reptile decor is safe but i was just wondering how exactly you can tell for sure. most don't really say what it's made out of. i was think of getting this.

was also wondering if these are ok. i've seen some rat owners with them but not many mouse owners. some people are saying it's made of nylon. there's also a sisal one that i assume is ok.

also this has been bugging me, how are materials like sisal and hemp safe? the strands are long (which is why things like cotton aren't safe right?). is it because they can digest/chew those materials easier?

MouseBites

Drama Queen

Back to top Go down

Are These Safe? Empty Re: Are These Safe?

Post by CallaLily Mon 29 May 2017, 7:37 pm

That reptile hide is safe. Most are made out of resin, which mice usually don't chew anyway - at least in my experience.

I'm not sure what that rope perch is made out of but I see there's a few answers in the questions that says it "feels like cotton," so I would be wary.

In my experience with sisal and hemp they both break easily, and don't come apart in long strings. Cotton however is another story. I also imagine just from the feel of these items, that sisal and hemp would break down easier and therefore I would think be digested easier. But I'm just guessing there. Confused

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 29 May 2017, 10:23 pm

I recently got a reptile hide for my mouse, Mickey. He's had it for a week now and hasn't chewed on it at all. I've always heard they are safe. Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum