Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confidence troubles!

2 posters

Go down

Confidence troubles! Empty Confidence troubles!

Post by Drago Wed 28 Jun 2017, 3:56 pm

Earlier this month, I was lucky enough to have finally acquired my very own mice. I am loving my trio, and have been working daily to get them tamed. However, in the trio there's two mice left untamed. Now I'm not concerned about Whiskey, she's just a bit bitey, but she seems happy and that's what is important. Rather, I'm worried about my one mouse, Mishka. She is so nervous that I can hardly imagine it's enjoyable for her. Whiskey and shrew love playtime- Mishka hides in the box of bedding and refuses to come out. I'll play games with whiskey and shrew while Mishka sits in a tube in the back of the cage watching. I really want her to become confident and get to enjoy playtime and just life in general. It doesn't matter to me whether or not she becomes tame, just that she's happier. Any tips?

On an unrelated note, is it normal for them to all sleep in seperate areas? Sometimes I'll see them all curled up in a hideout while other times they'll be in seperate places. They all seem to get along just fine, and I assume they're probably like little humans- wishing for some alone time. Any way you could put my mind to rest? Thanks all Smile
Drago
Drago

Back to top Go down

Confidence troubles! Empty Re: Confidence troubles!

Post by scaredymouse Wed 28 Jun 2017, 7:43 pm

I wouldn't worry about them sleeping separately...sometimes its just as simple as plopping down for a nap without a care in the world.  They just don't see the need to go searching for their friends and determining if they would also be interested in a nap.  Mice are simple, we often read into their behaviors and try to make sense of something that doesn't mean anything.

same with your nervous mouse,  some mice are just nervous.  It doesn't mean that they are unhappy.  I can understand how you would think that!  Especially since that is true of people but i don't think you should be concerned about your mouse.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Drago Wed 28 Jun 2017, 7:55 pm

scaredymouse wrote:I wouldn't worry about them sleeping separately...sometimes its just as simple as plopping down for a nap without a care in the world.  They just don't see the need to go searching for their friends and determining if they would also be interested in a nap.  Mice are simple, we often read into their behaviors and try to make sense of something that doesn't mean anything.

same with your nervous mouse,  some mice are just nervous.  It doesn't mean that they are unhappy.  I can understand how you would think that!  Especially since that is true of people but i don't think you should be concerned about your mouse.

Thank you for the reassurance! My only concern was that she wasn't happy, but if you think she is, but is probably just a bit shy, then I won't worry over it. Clearly I'm an overly concerned mousey parent lol Smile Thank you again!
Drago
Drago

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum