Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP MOUSE NIPPING OTHER MOUSE

4 posters

Go down

HELP MOUSE NIPPING OTHER MOUSE Empty HELP MOUSE NIPPING OTHER MOUSE

Post by Nice-Mice-2017 Sun 16 Jul 2017, 2:27 am

Hi guys, my mouse was recently introduced to her new friend who I call Misty. Misty came from a shelter with two other mice (I only got her though) and they claimed she was the friendliest. Now she is nipping my other mouse whenever they get close and she is territorial around the wheel. I am afraid that she could either get more intense and hurt my other mouse or sometime worse. What do I do and do you know why this is happening?

Nice-Mice-2017

Back to top Go down

HELP MOUSE NIPPING OTHER MOUSE Empty Re: HELP MOUSE NIPPING OTHER MOUSE

Post by Nice-Mice-2017 Sun 16 Jul 2017, 2:33 am

Also they are both females! Delilah my first mouse has done great with all the other mice she was with, but Misty really doesn't like her.

Nice-Mice-2017

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 16 Jul 2017, 3:48 am

First thing, don't panic! It's very rare for a group of girls to never get along. Most likely everything will work out in the end. I had the same issue when introducing a new girl to an existing group. All I had to do to solve it was remove the wheel. I removed it for a few days, then once they seemed bonded (I found them all sleeping together!), I put it back in, and there was no more aggressiveness. The girl who was defending the wheel still doesn't like other mice on "her" wheel, but there is no more biting.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nice-Mice-2017 Sun 16 Jul 2017, 2:28 pm

Thank you so much for your reply! I feel a lot better and will remove the wheel as soon as possible. I was just a little worried because Delilah looked very stressed and was making odd breathing noises which is very unlike her. Also I was very worried because I was not sure if they would get extremely bored from not having the wheel. Anyway, thanks again for replying because now I know what to do!

Nice-Mice-2017

Back to top Go down

Post by peas Sun 16 Jul 2017, 5:08 pm

Do they have lots of toys?

If you are worried about boredom you can add new toys and new treats and give them more interactive toys. I like to hang carboard that is half unravelled up somewhere so they have to stand to try and get it.

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nice-Mice-2017 Sun 16 Jul 2017, 10:14 pm

Yes, they have a couple toys, but not many treats. Do you have any recommendations for a certain treat mice love? Also do you have any ideas for homemade toys I could make them? Thanks!

Nice-Mice-2017

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 18 Jul 2017, 12:26 pm

Mice love cheerios, flaxseeds, millet sprays, walnuts, gerber puffs and freeze dried mealworms.

Mice also love toilet paper rolls and cardboard egg cartons. As far as toys go, a lot of us make things out of popsicle sticks and hot glue. Mice love to climb and chew on them.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Nice-Mice-2017 Thu 20 Jul 2017, 1:53 am

Thank you for your reply! My mice are very happy now and are enjoying their time together! The fighting has stopped and now they sleep with each other in their safe room. So sweet! Thank you!

Nice-Mice-2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum