Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wheel for Hamtaro

4 posters

Go down

Wheel for Hamtaro  Empty Wheel for Hamtaro

Post by CallaLily Thu 10 Aug 2017, 3:28 pm

Since the wooden wheel I got her is getting kind of gross with pee, I'm looking to get her another upright wheel.

I found this 8 inch Silent Spinner on Amazon. I've never seen this size before....guessing it's a knock off?  I know a lot of people don't like silent spinners, but I really did like the 6.5 inch one I used to have (which broke after dropping it a few times).  

Or I'm thinking instead, and for a little more money, getting this 9 inch Silent Runner .  I've never used this wheel before, though I know some really recommend it.

Looking for opinions on these two wheels, aside from the reviews. Thank you.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Wheel for Hamtaro  Empty Re: Wheel for Hamtaro

Post by scaredymouse Thu 10 Aug 2017, 4:10 pm

my dwarfs and Chinese ham all have silent spinners.  I think they are great wheels.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 11 Aug 2017, 3:34 pm

Thank you, Scaredy. I think I'm leaning towards that one.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 31 Dec 2017, 3:39 pm

Wow it took me long enough to finally purchase a new wheel for Hamtaro. Don't worry, she's had a flying saucer all along and I also hung onto that wooden wheel for as long as I felt I could.

So I ended up just purchasing a 12 inch Silent Spinner from Petco.  And NOW I understand why there are so many varying reviews on Silent Spinners!  The 12 inch one has a completely different spinning set up from the 6.5 inch one, if that makes sense. Therefore it IS pretty dang noisy in comparison to the medium sized Silent Spinner.   Also WOW is it a lot bulkier. I never paid much attention to the Large Silent Spinners before.

I still bought it. It seems sturdy enough and spins smoothly. Plus Hamtaro is out in the living room so who cares if it's a little loud.  Now to see if it will actually fit in her bin. Embarassed Laughing  I'm pretty sure it will.

I came so close to ordering the 9 inch Silent Runner. Had it in my cart and everything but the price plus shipping would have cost more, so last minute I decided to just pick the Silent Spinner up from my local petco instead. Very Happy. I guess we'll see soon enough if I regret my decision. Laughing

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 31 Dec 2017, 5:35 pm

CallaLily wrote: Now to see if it will actually fit in her bin. Embarassed Laughing  I'm pretty sure it will.

And it doesn't fit. Doh Laugh Well I mean it does fit inside her bin but just touches the mesh. So nope. Oh well I'll save it for my future gerbils.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 31 Dec 2017, 6:08 pm

I have the 9.5 inch Silent Runner for Bear and its great. Bear loves it and it fits in his bin.

Mickey and Cam both have the 6.5 inch Silent Spinners.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 31 Dec 2017, 6:19 pm

I use comfort wheels for hammies. You can use the 8 inch for dwarfs, 12 for syrians. They are extremely noisy, but they work and are relatively inexpensive. We just close the door to that room at night, to keep the noise down Laughing

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 21 Jan 2018, 2:56 pm

So I had a Doh moment and removed the wheel from the stand and hooked it on the side of the bin. Fits just fine. Just had to drill a hole in the bin. Feel free to laugh at me. I know I did. Laugh

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 01 May 2018, 9:45 am

CallaLily wrote:
I still bought it. It seems sturdy enough and spins smoothly. Plus Hamtaro is out in the living room so who cares if it's a little loud.

Just realized I never updated. This wheel has become more and more difficult to turn. I’ve tried oiling it. Double checked it was together properly. It just doesn’t spin like it should anymore. Hamtaro hardly used it, rarely even sat in it.  It’s still practically brand new. I’ve only ever wiped it out, it’s never been soaked or anything.  I’ve offered it to the gerbil but he hasn’t done more than sit in it - not sure if he just doesn’t understand how or doesn’t like a wheel or if it’s just too difficult for him to turn. I definitely won’t bother buying this size Silent Spinner again unless they drastically change the design. Wits End

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum