Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

baby mouse bit by adult mouse!!! URGENT !!!!!

2 posters

Go down

baby mouse bit by adult mouse!!! URGENT !!!!! Empty baby mouse bit by adult mouse!!! URGENT !!!!!

Post by LazuliesMice Mon 14 Aug 2017, 10:19 pm

Hi all ! I recently got 2 baby mice (not sure how old, but they can eat and drink on their own, and can care for themselves. I got them from a local breeder, and they were perfectly healthy.
I have 2 full grown mice, they aren't completely tame, and are still kinda scared of me, but I eventually want all 4 mice to live together. I put all 4 in a big cage together, and watched how they got along. all was well for a bit, the babies were scared of the grown ones, but I figured that was normal. The grown ones showed no hostile signs towards the babies, so I figured it was going well.
After about an hour, (I was still watching) ginger (adult) and basil (baby) were near each other and ginger just ATTACKED basil. I stopped it immediately, nearly getting bitten in the process, but basil did get bit Sad She has a gash on her leg, it seems to have stopped bleeding, and she's licked it a little bit, and seems fine? She ran on the wheel a little bit afterwords, but I took it out because I didnt want her to hurt herself more.

I don't know what to do !!!! I can't tell if shes limping or not, and I really can't afford to take her to a vet (but I will if her life is in danger) I need to know what to do. Please give me some advice I'm almost in tears.

EDIT: It's not bleeding anymore, It seems like she's nursed it, but im still extremely worried about infection.

Worried

Back to top Go down

baby mouse bit by adult mouse!!! URGENT !!!!! Empty Re: baby mouse bit by adult mouse!!! URGENT !!!!!

Post by CallaLily Tue 15 Aug 2017, 8:43 am

If it's stopped bleeding and scabbed over, I wouldn't do anything except keep an eye on it.

Have you read through the Introducing Mice thread?  You may have better luck if you take the time to tame each group before introducing them again. This will also give the younger mice time to grow.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum