Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Update

3 posters

Go down

An Update Empty An Update

Post by stephlisa Thu 17 Aug 2017, 10:57 am

So despite my last attempt to stay more active on the forum life got the better of me and well that didn't happen. I can't actually remember when I was last here but I hope to be around more now **fingers crossed**

Colin is as charming, handsome, cheeky and lovable as ever. He's now one and a half years old and hasn't changed much! He's beginning to be a little less like an excitable child all the time but he's always up for some running around and plenty of cuddles (and pine nuts...and pumpkin seeds...and destroying egg boxes). He's had a few URI's over the last few months, but still has plenty of life!

My parents don't understand (thankfully my husband does) but Colin's been a great help over the last few months. Its amazing how this little ball of fluff can brighten my day. My nanny was diagnosed with secondary lung cancer and passed away all within the space of about 6 weeks. In the months prior to that I had various relatives dealing with cancers, strokes and heart attacks. This is mostly the reason why I've not been around recently.

I got really annoyed with my parents too. I went to visit them a couple of days ago and they took me to visit my auntie and uncle. None of them could understand how a mouse could be treated to beautiful cage with so many toys (both brought and handmade) and they were shocked that we actually took him to the vets for medicine. Their exact words were "but he's just a mouse, he lives what? 2 years? why put the effort in?" Needless to say I was rather hurt by this. I just don't understand this mentality. If it was an ill cat or dog, it'd rushed straight to the vet. But a mouse? Clearly not important. I don't understand some people, even if they are my parents!

But its nice to be back seeing all the cute mice photos! Hopefully see you around a bit more on here! I've got so many cute photos of Colin on my camera, I'll have to start posting some again!

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

An Update Empty Re: An Update

Post by scaredymouse Thu 17 Aug 2017, 12:45 pm

welcome back! I find myself becoming more and more intolerant of people belittling my pets and devaluing their lives. i don't care if you understand why I love a mouse, mind your own business! their lives matter, they have souls and deserve care whether they live a year or 100 years. anyway, we certainly understand your frustrations here!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 17 Aug 2017, 1:08 pm

Welcome back. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and all the scary news you've been getting. hugs

It's a shame your parents can't understand why Colin is a cherished pet. It makes me sad when people say things like that.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Fri 18 Aug 2017, 4:28 am

Thanks both, its nice to be back. I know all of you understand the importance of even just one mouse in our lives. Smile

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum