Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I get her a friend?

3 posters

Go down

Should I get her a friend? Empty Should I get her a friend?

Post by hesitantbullets Wed 23 Aug 2017, 5:18 pm

A few months ago a friend of mine gave me a pet mouse, Cheddar. She was rescued by my friend back in January from being snake food. She has not been with other mice since before she was rescued in January (it is currently the end of August). Im finally getting her a new tank and will have room for up to two more mice (it will be a 10 gallon tank which can house 3 mice). The thing is, I don't know if she will get along with any roommates. I do not know how she was with other mice before she came into my care, and it's been so long that I don't know is she would be better off staying by herself at this point. Anyone have any input? Thanks a bunch!
hesitantbullets
hesitantbullets
Jr Member
Jr Member

Libra Batty

Back to top Go down

Should I get her a friend? Empty Re: Should I get her a friend?

Post by Mice Are Cute Wed 23 Aug 2017, 7:03 pm

I think getting her a friend will make her happier! Very Happy Just make sure you introduce them right.

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 24 Aug 2017, 11:25 am

Female mice are social, and more often than not, they greatly appreciate mouse company! They love to play, groom, and sleep together... some owners even consider friends to be mandatory for a female's best quality of life.

I would definitely get two more girls. You should quarantine for 3 weeks to make sure they're healthy and not pregnant, and this time will also give you a chance to tame them up a little before introductions. Introductions often go much smoother when the mice are tame! If you want to read more about keeping mice together and would like advice about introductions, check out this page:
https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t19-keeping-mice-together-introducing-them
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down