Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEAT WAVE SAFETY?

4 posters

Go down

HEAT WAVE SAFETY? Empty HEAT WAVE SAFETY?

Post by antant26 Fri 01 Sep 2017, 9:50 am

There's a heat wave today in my area with a rise in temperature to 90 F. I've told my mom to tell my grandma at home to lean icepacks against the mouse cages, and to give them frozen peas to eat so they can cool down. I should definitely ask for my mice to be moved into the bathroom where it is cooler than my room. Any other advice?

antant26
Jr Member
Jr Member

Virgo Elated

Back to top Go down

HEAT WAVE SAFETY? Empty Re: HEAT WAVE SAFETY?

Post by stephlisa Fri 01 Sep 2017, 11:38 am

When it gets hot here I put a mug in the fridge and when its cool put it in the cage normally on something to catch the condensation. I put another mug in the fridge at the same time and then swap them round when the first is no longer useful. Colin likes to sleep in cool mugs when he's too warm!!

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 01 Sep 2017, 11:53 am

stephlisa wrote:When it gets hot here I put a mug in the fridge and when its cool put it in the cage normally on something to catch the condensation.  I put another mug in the fridge at the same time and then swap them round when the first is no longer useful.  Colin likes to sleep in cool mugs when he's too warm!!

This is what I do too with ceramic mugs and marble tiles. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 01 Sep 2017, 12:46 pm

You can give them mugs and other ceramic hides to help them cool down. TBH it has gotten up to 110 several times this summer where I live, and everyone has been fine. They've been sleeping out in the open to stay cool. 90 is actually not bad weather, and it's probably cooler in your house than it is outside. Our inside temperature has stayed 80-90, even when it was 110 outside. I wouldn't worry too much Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum