Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General care facts??

3 posters

Go down

General care facts??  Empty General care facts??

Post by CloverMouse Fri 01 Sep 2017, 6:14 pm

Hi! I have acouple of general mouse care questions and other facts and tips will be awesome as well!! Also, Can anyone give me abunch of reasons why crittertrails are bad?? My mom keeps asking me "well why cant you use your old crittertrail?" and i am gonna give her a sheet of reasons why but i need some help thinking of em. thanks!! Bliss

CloverMouse

Gemini Roflmao

Back to top Go down

General care facts??  Empty Re: General care facts??

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 01 Sep 2017, 6:21 pm

Well, about the Crittertrail, for starters they are too small. One male mouse or 3 females need at least 200 sq inches (The size of a 10 gallon tank), while Crittertrails are usually under that amount. Also, the wheel is too small. Mice can get a bad health condition called "wheel tail" when their wheel is too small. The space isn't very good for adding lots of toys either. Mice like tons of toys to stay entertained, while you could hardly fit anything in a Crittertrail. I've even heard that some of the attachments that go on Crittertrails are dangerous, though I don't know which ones.

What do you mean about the general care questions? Are you going to post them in this thread or somewhere else? Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 01 Sep 2017, 7:05 pm

Hi. Wave There's a ton of information linked in this thread: https://petmousefanciers.forumotion.com/t1230-mouse-sticky-index. If you still have questions please feel free to ask. Smile

Crittertrails. They're usually too small and very cheaply made, so often break. Cheap/broken pieces can lead to escapes or injuries. Long stretches of tubes are a pain to clean. Mice tend to "go" a lot, plus the tubes and some of the other attachments aren't very well ventilated, so they will need frequent cleaning. Groups of females don't always do so well in these cages because there's so many small sectioned off areas, which can increase the chance of the group splitting and fighting/bullying.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down