Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggested Mouse Products?

5 posters

Go down

Suggested Mouse Products? Empty Suggested Mouse Products?

Post by CocoCappuccino Sat 09 Sep 2017, 6:08 pm

Hello everyone! I have been doing research on this forum for proper mouse care. What are some suggested mouse products that are common among mouse caretakers? Such as: Bedding types, (I already know about wheels), treats, toys, ect.

My boys: Mikey (corn snake), Jack and Jake (terrier dogs), Khorii (Betta fish)

Extra Pets: Chickens and ducks, Glo fish  

Other forums I'm active on: Hamster Hideout

Suggested Mouse Products? Dragon11
Suggested Mouse Products? Fur10
Suggested Mouse Products? Ham10
CocoCappuccino
CocoCappuccino

Cheeky

Back to top Go down

Suggested Mouse Products? Empty Re: Suggested Mouse Products?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 09 Sep 2017, 6:24 pm

I love Carefresh bedding, it's not messy, I find it controls odor a lot better than other beddings, and it's a lot better on their sensitive respiratory system than wood bedding. Kaytee clean and cozy works too, it's fine for them and very soft, I just find it to be very messy when I'm trying to clean up. It sticks all over my clothes and gets all over the floor, lol.

I posted some of my favorite mouse treats here: https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t1124-5-great-mouse-treats

My mice mostly like homemade toys. You can make "MES" (which stands for "Mouse entertainment system") out of popsicle sticks and non toxic hot glue. These are very popular mouse toys. There is a thread about them here:
https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t47-homemade-popsicle-stick-toys

As for store bought toys, I don't buy them a ton, but I'd have to say, out of what I've bought, these are their favorites (I will link all of them so you can check them out too):

Kaytee Puzzle Playground

This hamster house from Petco

Willow tunnel

Bendy bridge

They also enjoy their hammocks, which you can make out of fleece or felt Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoCappuccino Sat 09 Sep 2017, 6:55 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:I love Carefresh bedding, it's not messy, I find it controls odor a lot better than other beddings, and it's a lot better on their sensitive respiratory system than wood bedding. Kaytee clean and cozy works too, it's fine for them and very soft, I just find it to be very messy when I'm trying to clean up. It sticks all over my clothes and gets all over the floor, lol.

I posted some of my favorite mouse treats here: https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t1124-5-great-mouse-treats

My mice mostly like homemade toys. You can make "MES" (which stands for "Mouse entertainment system") out of popsicle sticks and non toxic hot glue. These are very popular mouse toys. There is a thread about them here:
https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t47-homemade-popsicle-stick-toys

As for store bought toys, I don't buy them a ton, but I'd have to say, out of what I've bought, these are their favorites (I will link all of them so you can check them out too):

Kaytee Puzzle Playground

This hamster house from Petco

Willow tunnel

Bendy bridge

They also enjoy their hammocks, which you can make out of fleece or felt Smile
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for the imformation! I already have a puzzle playground that has been disinfected, and I will check out those other links. I always use Carefresh with my small mammals, and I actually just bought some Kaytee clean and cozy, they might use that for their nest. I have only used colored carefresh that's unscented once for my hamster, is it safe for mice, too?

CocoCappuccino
CocoCappuccino

Cheeky

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 09 Sep 2017, 7:01 pm

Any paper Carefresh bedding is fine, as long as it's unscented. They use safe products to color it Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 09 Sep 2017, 11:37 pm

I like Kaytee Clean & Cozy, Carefresh, and Green Dreamzzz. Though it's been a while since I've used the Green Dreamzzz.  I try to grab them when they're on sale.

Favorite treats for my mice have been pumpkin seeds and walnuts. Freeze dried insects are always enjoyed too.  I don't usually buy commercial treats often, but they did enjoy rice pops (and similar treats), yogurt drops, gerber puffs, rosewood nature's salad.

Store bought toys and chews that have been well loved by my mice are: bendy bridges, hamster house, puzzle playground, knot nibbler, willow balls, raffia balls, ladders/bridges, tubes, cheezy wood chew (toss the fluff), apple sticks, willow "pretzel" sticks, seagrass twists, timothy twists, grass hides, sisal chews. As you can see, they're not very picky. Laughing

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoCappuccino Sun 10 Sep 2017, 6:00 pm

CallaLily wrote:I like Kaytee Clean & Cozy, Carefresh, and Green Dreamzzz. Though it's been a while since I've used the Green Dreamzzz.  I try to grab them when they're on sale.

Favorite treats for my mice have been pumpkin seeds and walnuts. Freeze dried insects are always enjoyed too.  I don't usually buy commercial treats often, but they did enjoy rice pops (and similar treats), yogurt drops, gerber puffs, rosewood nature's salad.

Store bought toys and chews that have been well loved by my mice are: bendy bridges, hamster house, puzzle playground, knot nibbler, willow balls, raffia balls, ladders/bridges, tubes, cheezy wood chew (toss the fluff), apple sticks, willow "pretzel" sticks, seagrass twists, timothy twists, grass hides, sisal chews. As you can see, they're not very picky. Laughing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   This is really helpful, I can write these down on a mental note for my mouse-haul list! My previous hamster was very very picky, I tried many chews and toys but she just wasn't a big chewer. I have some rice pops somewhere, so I can use those. Also, can mice get diabetes? My ham ham passed away from that, so I'm kinda nervous I will have to deal with that again. This time, I'm prepared. I have urine test strips that can detect a lot of things such as blood, ketones, and glucose. (the reason why I'm asking is so I will know how many "unhealthy" treats to give.) Thanks! Smile Very Happy

Edit: Can mice use sand baths? I was thinking I can make a sandbath out of a bendy bridge or a stainless steel dog dish.

CocoCappuccino
CocoCappuccino

Cheeky

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 10 Sep 2017, 6:29 pm

CocoCappuccino wrote:Also, can mice get diabetes?
Edit: Can mice use sand baths?

You know, I'm not certain if diabetes is a common concern with mice. I don't remember seeing it mentioned before. @ScaredyMouse? (Hopefully she'll notice the tag. She's so knowledgeable in, well all mouse care, but especially health topics. Smile )

You can offer a sand bath at playtime, but it's not recommended to have it available at all times because mice have such sensitive respiratory systems.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Wed 13 Sep 2017, 8:45 pm

I've heard that sand baths aren't good for mice, so I would be afraid to even offer it at play time.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijimi にじみ Sat 28 Oct 2017, 11:19 pm

Mice really love climbing so I like to provide stuff they can use. I use a 7 step bird ladder . It adds a lot of color and it's also safe for them to chew. I think it's really affordable and they love it. Even Kimchi, my wimpy mouse climbs on it and she gets scared of everything. Shocked (The link is the name)
Nijimi にじみ
Nijimi にじみ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum