Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP WITH BABY MOUSE

2 posters

Go down

HELP WITH BABY MOUSE  Empty HELP WITH BABY MOUSE

Post by reindeer76 Fri 15 Sep 2017, 3:08 pm

I got hartz kitten milk replacemt today at the store and am wondering if I could feed it to my fuzzy mice. The ingredients are this:
Animal Fat and Vegetable Fat (Preserved with BHA and BHT), Dried Whey Protein Concentrate, Sodium Caseinate, Dried Whey Product, Lecithin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Cobalt Sulfate, Vitamin A Acetate, Cholecalciferol (Source of Vitamin D3), A-Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Dl-Methionine, L-Lysine, Mono and Diglycerides of Vegetable Oil, Sodium Silico Aluminate, Artificial Flavor, Taurine.

People online say this has killed their cats but it seems like the milk was just blamed as they were inexperienced.
should I feed this to my mice?

reindeer76

Back to top Go down

HELP WITH BABY MOUSE  Empty Re: HELP WITH BABY MOUSE

Post by CallaLily Fri 15 Sep 2017, 3:51 pm

It's considered a poor quality brand. I know I've read Pet Ag brand KMR is recommended over Hartz for that reason. I personally try to avoid BHA/BHT just to be on the safe side (for reasons you can find online and decide for yourself).
ingredients of Pet Ag KMR:

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by reindeer76 Fri 15 Sep 2017, 8:38 pm

thanks i will try to get my hands on another food. One more question. Do you think the mice will survive though? I will try to feed them every two hours with massages and a hot water bottle for when i'm home,and hand warmers wrapped in felt under a tupper ware container for when i'm not. I am taking them with me everywhere till they are weaned.

reindeer76

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 15 Sep 2017, 8:56 pm

It's hard to say but it's definitely worth trying. If you haven't seen it yet, there's a post on careing for orphaned mice here: https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t43-breeding-packet#71.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum