Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mice formula

3 posters

Go down

mice formula Empty mice formula

Post by reindeer76 Sun 17 Sep 2017, 8:14 pm

I got what I think is knock off kmr at Walmart. It is made by PetAg and is called kitten milk replacer plus.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Milk-Replacer-Powder-for-Kittens-10-5-oz/49911832
Its made by the same company. Would it be ok for baby mice?

reindeer76

Back to top Go down

mice formula Empty Re: mice formula

Post by CallaLily Sun 17 Sep 2017, 9:12 pm

PetAg brand KMR is one of the brands I remember being recommended somewhere in one of the stickies here or over on TheFunMouse when it was still running. I'm not sure about the "Plus" formula though....

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

mice formula Empty Worked for Tiny!

Post by Tinysmommy Sun 24 Sep 2017, 6:15 pm

I used it for a baby field mouse that I rescued from my cat.   The baby was about 10 days old and grew up just fine on it, though I think it may have causes diarrhea as she got closer to solid foods.   She's fine now, a perfectly healthy field mouse that is now a pet.  In retrospect, I now wonder if I should have used human soy formula?   It's just that cats are carnivores while mice are more omnivorous, like humans.   In any case, the Walmart kitten milk replacer worked just fine even though she didn't like it at first.   At first, she would only take Gatorade, then mostly gatorade/some kitten milk replacer, and by the end of the 2nd day, all kittle milk replacer.   Good luck!   Smile
Tinysmommy
Tinysmommy

Back to top Go down

mice formula Empty Re: mice formula

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum