Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

poor lil smokey got a scared!

+2
Mice Are Cute
scaredymouse
6 posters

Go down

poor lil smokey got a scared! Empty poor lil smokey got a scared!

Post by scaredymouse Mon 18 Sep 2017, 12:07 pm

i should start by saying that lil Smokey is as gentle as they come and he loves his momma, but he gets very nervous when he can smell Magnus, who is another one of my males.  Well, i was cleaning tanks and didn't think much about it and i put Smokey in the same carrier that Magnus had been in not long before.  when i was done cleaning and went to get lil Smokey, he was all worked up and jumping around.  i stuck my hand in to get him and he nipped me, i ignored it and went to pick him up and he bit me!  He bit me so hard, it was like a crime scene.  I had to put on gloves too get him out.  He was even more worked up after he bit me, not sure if he felt bad or was just even more scared.  I wasn't even mad, i felt so bad that he was so scared that he felt like he needed to bite.

poor guy,  the whole thing was very traumatic for him.  I've been spending a lot of time with him to reassure him but truth me told... I'm traumatized too.  I'm scared he's gonna bite me again.  I forget that these cute little critters have razor blades in their mouths.  It's a good reminder of how gentle most mice really are... They don't bite like that very often and when they do, it's usually for good reason.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

poor lil smokey got a scared! Empty Re: poor lil smokey got a scared!

Post by Mice Are Cute Mon 18 Sep 2017, 4:37 pm

Sounds like something Biggy and Grayson would do! They hate the smell of each other. Luckily they would only get a little wild, it is very rare when they bite hard. I know how that could make a mouse angery!

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 18 Sep 2017, 6:04 pm

I know, they can definitely hurt you if they want to! It's great to think that they are such sweet creatures, since the majority of them choose not to.

When Scout bites me it looks really bad too, lol. They sure can bite hard for such little things. The first time he bit me, it bled, but it didn't hurt super bad. The second time, it was SO bad. It was throbbing and sore for hours afterwards. It was all swollen and I had to keep ice on it. So I always wear gloves when handling him now... Yikes! Rocky bites sometimes but he's never bitten hard enough to draw blood. He's not as mean as Scout, lol. I still love Scout, even though he's a crazy lil' guy. If I just look at him he takes it offensively and tail rattles. Silly guy! I've had 14 mice total since I've started keeping them, and to only be bit hard twice, both by the same mouse, I'd say that's pretty good. They are such friendly critters.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 18 Sep 2017, 8:50 pm

I've never been bit by any rodents except for two different male rats I used to have. My female rats never bit me, they were so sweet. The one, Cheerio, I think bit me because he was scared. But the other male, Gus Gus, I think he was out to kill me!!! One time he grabbed my finger and wouldn't let go. Boy did that hurt!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 19 Sep 2017, 6:49 am

Ouch!

So far I haven't been seriously chomped by any of my mice. :::knock on wood::: I have been lightly nipped a couple times but there was no blood, no marks, no pain. Just a mouse saying "that's enough."

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 20 Sep 2017, 5:48 am

Poor scaredySmokey. Sad (lol)

I got bit the other day when one of the shelter babies didn't want to come out for cleaning. Most of them are sweet, a couple have super stinky attitudes. Rolling Eyes
Tired of chasing her and her evading boxes and such (she's on to me!), I caught her tail and lifted her on to my hand... and she just sat there for a moment, like "Well, damn." And then she bit me and scampered off into the tub. When I was done cleaning she was one of the first to climb my arms to go back home. lol
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum