Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mesh/Bar Spacing?

2 posters

Go down

Mesh/Bar Spacing? Empty Mesh/Bar Spacing?

Post by Winter Moose Tue 19 Sep 2017, 7:26 pm

I recently bought a small sterilite container with a handle as my carrier, and I need to know the maximum mesh spacing for mice. I have some hard plastic light grid that I used with hamsters, and it's a bit over 1/2" , maybe it's 5/8" . Is that too wide for mice? I will be putting it on the lid, and it is about a 5/8" square. What is the best spacing?

sorry if this makes no sense, I really don't know how to word it. Smile

Winter Moose
Winter Moose

Festive

Back to top Go down

Mesh/Bar Spacing? Empty Re: Mesh/Bar Spacing?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 19 Sep 2017, 7:34 pm

Proper Housing thread wrote:While bins have a lot of great features, there is a risk of mice chewing out of them. To help make sure your mice stay in, you should choose a bin that has a flat floor (no edges, bumps, etc for mouse teeth to get a good grip on) and make sure all holes that are made in the bin are covered and secured with wire mesh/hardware cloth that's squares are no more than 1/4 an inch.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum