Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet My New Boys!

+2
Winter Moose
stephlisa
6 posters

Go down

Meet My New Boys! Empty Meet My New Boys!

Post by stephlisa Sun 24 Sep 2017, 11:37 am

Despite the sadness with Colin's passing, we decided to start looking for a new baby to adopt.  We headed to the local rehoming centre having heard that there were some 6 week old little ones to adopt!  We came home with two sweet boys.

Before I introduce them to you, I would just like to say that we will be keeping them as a pair but that this decision has been made with the guidance of both mouse experts and vets at our rehoming centre (who were not just trying to get rid of them).  They are extremely knowledgeable and we have based our decision on their advice and their knowledge of the mice.
I would not normally put boys together but we are giving it a try thanks to the advice we were given.  We are prepared to split them up immediately at the slightest hint of trouble and give them their own cages.  Please don't give me your opinions as I know the pros and cons and have not taken this decision lightly.

Serious bit over.

I'd like you to meet Pumpkin and Basil!  Pumpkin is a long haired boy (white with golden brown splodges) while Basil is a standard coated boy (with the grey face).  They are both 6 weeks old and are so tiny!

Meet My New Boys! Img_2013

They seem to be settling in well - they've enjoyed exploring their new environment and have enjoyed some munchies!

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Meet My New Boys! Empty Re: Meet My New Boys!

Post by Winter Moose Sun 24 Sep 2017, 11:47 am

They are so sweet! Good luck!

Winter Moose
Winter Moose

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 24 Sep 2017, 1:11 pm

UK males tend to do better together than US mice.  They are adorable and i hope they help you through your grief.  I always find that the best way to fill a hole in your heart is with more love.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 24 Sep 2017, 2:13 pm

Your new boys are absolutely adorable!! I'm glad you decided to get some more mice. I know they will bring you lots of love and joy Love How many mice did they have for adoption? If more than two, what was it that attracted you to these two boys, besides the fact that they are darling? Heart Eyes
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Sun 24 Sep 2017, 2:55 pm

They had a number of mice up for adoption actually. A few litters had been rescued recently so we had a choice of girls (which werent ready for adoption yet but we could reserve) and about 10 boys overall. They were all similar colourings and nearly all the rest were standard coats.

So I was drawn to Pumpkin by his beautiful long haired coat - and he started snuggling into my husbands elbow. Basil I liked because he was so curious and climbed all over me!

It also turns out that Basil's a climber and has already scaled the bars on the cage. Note to self *always* double check the lid is on.

They both seem quite chattery too. I just can't believe how small they are!!

Aquarius Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 24 Sep 2017, 5:28 pm

Awww congrats!

I agree with Scaredy. From what I understand there are some mouse lines in the UK which claim to have somewhat bred out the territorial behavior in males. I hope it works out for you. Please let us know how it goes.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 24 Sep 2017, 6:08 pm

stephlisa wrote:They had a number of mice up for adoption actually.  A few litters had been rescued recently so we had a choice of girls (which werent ready for adoption yet but we could reserve) and about 10 boys overall.  They were all similar colourings and nearly all the rest were standard coats.

So I was drawn to Pumpkin by his beautiful long haired coat - and he started snuggling into my husbands elbow.  Basil I liked because he was so curious and climbed all over me!

It also turns out that Basil's a climber and has already scaled the bars on the cage.  Note to self *always* double check the lid is on.

They both seem quite chattery too.  I just can't believe how small they are!!

They sound like they were meant to be yours Love I love chatty mice! Oh and I meant to say that I love their names!
When I got Mickey from PETsMART he was in a tank with about 3 or 4 other males. All the other males were in their house sleeping. Mickey was at the glass looking at me like he was asking me to get him out of there. So I feel like he chose me Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mice Are Cute Sun 24 Sep 2017, 9:41 pm

Aww too cute! My mice weren't hard to choose, I knew they were there for me. It was either them or females, and I thought males would be better for me before I realized they couldn't live together, which isn't really a problem anymore. Pumpkin and Basil are ready to join the forum!

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Mon 25 Sep 2017, 2:12 am

CallaLily wrote:Awww congrats!

I agree with Scaredy. From what I understand there are some mouse lines in the UK which claim to have somewhat bred out the territorial behavior in males.  I hope it works out for you.  Please let us know how it goes.

Yeah, I've been discovering this as I do more research! I'll just have to keep you all updated! I can't wait to start taming them!

Aquarius Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum