Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are girls more picky than boys?

5 posters

Go down

Are girls more picky than boys? Empty Are girls more picky than boys?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 03 Oct 2017, 2:54 pm

Ok, I have a weird theory here I guess... So basically, I give my mice a fresh food or two each week. I have eight girls, eight! And I have 2 boys. I give them all the same fresh food. We'll use bananas as an example. Last night, I gave each cage of girls one slice of banana. I gave each boy 1/2 a slice. The boys both ate theirs and there is no trace of them anywhere. However, after leaving the girls' banana piece overnight, it is still there, rotting, and I have to throw it away. This happens almost every time. Out of 8 girls, not one wants something fresh. Why is this? Laughing I don't understand why my girls won't eat fresh fruits/veggies, but my boys do! The only thing I've ever gotten my girls to eat is lettuce, and it takes them longer to eat it than my boys.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Are girls more picky than boys? Empty Re: Are girls more picky than boys?

Post by CallaLily Tue 03 Oct 2017, 3:03 pm

Mine have mostly liked leafy greens, sometimes berries, cooked grains, eggs, broccoli tops - as far as fresh foods go. Most will eat banana chips but not fresh bananas. Go figure. Apple is sometimes nibbled. As for boys. I've only had the one but he seemed to mostly like the same.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 03 Oct 2017, 3:33 pm

Oh and I forgot to mention, when I gave the girls in the 20 long a tiny picnic with cantaloupe slices, they ate those, lol. Nothing else though. Just cantaloupe and leafy greens. And cantaloupe isn't something I always have available, we don't buy it all the time. I have given them boiled egg before, they wouldn't touch it. I should try some apple with the mice, I know both my hamsters have liked apple. Unfortunately we never buy broccoli, so I've never been able to get any for them. What types of berries to you feed? I've tried blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries. My girls wouldn't eat any of them. It's just so odd that my boys eat anything, but my girls won't eat much at all, lol.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Tue 03 Oct 2017, 4:40 pm

Neither Colin nor my new boys seem to enjoy the fresh foods we've tried so far. Colin liked sweet potato fresh but that was it. We haven't tried much with Pumpkin and Basil but they don't eat cucumber and apple fresh apparently...at least not in preference to their seeds!

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 03 Oct 2017, 4:59 pm

Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Blueberries and strawberries seem to be liked best but they've nibbled at them all. Mine seem to prefer scrambled eggs over boiled.

Tonight I'm giving them some cooked peas, corn, green beans, and carrots. They'll probably mostly ignore it. Rolling Eyes

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 03 Oct 2017, 8:16 pm

I've never had girl mice, but Mickey likes just about anything I give him. Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 03 Oct 2017, 11:33 pm

Frog will try anything. He and Yoshi both love scrambled eggs and are cool with lettuce. Everyone likes watermelon, too. Other fresh foods are kind of meh, but almost all of them will give dried fruits a go. Pardon
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 04 Oct 2017, 5:40 am

CallaLily wrote:
Tonight I'm giving them some cooked peas, corn, green beans, and carrots. They'll probably mostly ignore it. Rolling Eyes

The dish is empty this morning. Everything except a little piece of carrot pulled aside is gone. I wasnt expecting that. Laughing

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum