Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shuggie

4 posters

Go down

Shuggie Empty Shuggie

Post by scaredymouse Sun 08 Oct 2017, 3:03 pm

Little Shuggie was put to rest yesterday.  Her tumor became too much for her to bear and it was time to help her cross the bridge.  I don't know why but I'm taking this one very hard.  Her body was broken but her spirit was still so bright....it made it very hard for me do the compassionate thing.  That said, she died very peacefully in my hands and i take some comfort in knowing that she doesn't have to suffer but i will miss her very much.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Shuggie Empty Re: Shuggie

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 08 Oct 2017, 3:20 pm

Hi Scaredy, so sorry to hear about Shuggie. It's extra difficult when the body is broke but everything else is fine. I went through that a few years ago when I had to have my Boston Terrier, Bridget, put to sleep. She had a cancerous tumor on her heart. We did do treatment, I forget the name of the drug now, but it was chemo in a pill form. You had to wear gloves when handling the pills. The pills seemed to do the job, but it was hard on her body. She was on pain meds but then they stopped working and I didn't want to put her on a higher dose as that would have been for me, not for her. So I did what was best for her. She was such a sweet girl. Shuggie is now pain free, so you did what was best for her. (((Hugs)))
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Sun 08 Oct 2017, 4:36 pm

Sorry to hear about Shuggie :-(
It is particularly hard when the spirit is still bright.
May she rest in peace and enjoy her time over the rainbow bridge.

Hope you're okay **hugs**

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 08 Oct 2017, 6:10 pm

I'm so sorry. hugs

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down