Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New baby mama

3 posters

Go down

New baby mama Empty New baby mama

Post by NympNElf Mon 09 Oct 2017, 12:31 am

Hey people I’m basically just looking for any tips and pointers I’m just a new baby mama got two Wee girls Nymphadora and Elphaba.. also I’ve noticed they only seem to be eating sunflower seeds and I’m worried? Should I take them out the food or will they starve ? Thanks for the help

NympNElf

Back to top Go down

New baby mama Empty Re: New baby mama

Post by CallaLily Mon 09 Oct 2017, 5:31 am

Welcome!

To start you off, here's a link to a list of information threads. https://petmousefanciers.forumotion.com/t1230-mouse-sticky-index.

In there you'll find a page in mouse diets. It lists a few food suggestions and talks about things to look for in a commercial food. If your brand of food has tons of sunflower seeds, you may want to consider switching to one with less or none. Some mice have bad reactions to them and it's generally recommended to limit or avoid them. Otherwise, don't refill the dish until your mouse has eaten most of it. This way they can't just pick out their favorites.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by NympNElf Mon 09 Oct 2017, 7:34 am

Thank you so much! I just don’t want them to starve if I take all the sunflower seeds out, they love them so much so I think I shall get a food without them and use them as treats.. my mice are still learning to trust me I’ve only had them a few weeks they will sit on my hand and stuff and come out the cage and play on me but they only come to my hand if there is food in it so I’m hoping that with time and care and love I’ll bsee able to just place my hand in the cage and they will come to me

NympNElf

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:35 am

there are lots of other healthy treats you can give them.  They love oats, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, banana chips, dried mealworms, cheerios, and rice Krispies... to name a few.  You don't have to worry about them starving!  The sunflower seeds are like candy to them...just like kids, they will go straight for the good stuff.  They will eat the other food.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by NympNElf Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:39 am

Thank you so much! I just want to make sure they have healthy diets! Well even I’m still like that eat the good stuff first haha!

NympNElf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down