Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hamster Balls for a Pet Mouse

+2
Mice Are Cute
sneakysqueaks
6 posters

Go down

Hamster Balls for a Pet Mouse Empty Hamster Balls for a Pet Mouse

Post by sneakysqueaks Mon 09 Oct 2017, 3:42 pm

Hey everyone. I noticed in the stickied post about wheels that a hamster wheel was included.

Have any of you ever bought a hamster ball for your meece babies? Did they enjoy it?
sneakysqueaks
sneakysqueaks

Chatty

Back to top Go down

Hamster Balls for a Pet Mouse Empty Re: Hamster Balls for a Pet Mouse

Post by Mice Are Cute Mon 09 Oct 2017, 3:49 pm

I have put my mice in a hamster ball before. To be honest, they looked kinda scared, but it depends on the mouse.

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 09 Oct 2017, 3:54 pm

I used to use a ball to put them in while I was cleaning their cage. That is, until, I found out the lids don't stay on well. The lid popped off and my mouse was loose in the room. Luckily, it was extremely easy to catch her. If you do decide to use one, always tape the lid closed. I personally don't care for them very much, they poo and pee in them, and it rolls around in the ball while they are running, then it gets all over them. My first mouse, Snow, liked her ball, but she got tired of it quickly, after 5 minutes or so she was done.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:05 pm

I have used them in the past with hamsters that went into them willingly, but I never bothered to try them with the mice.  Not in the traditional sense anyway....I did use an open one a couple times in Daryl's cage as a nesting/digging hide filled with fleece strips.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:22 pm

I've had mice that enjoyed balls, and others that were pretty scared. It will definitely depend on your mouse, and they may like it better when they're more comfortable with you.

If you do choose to one, make sure you tape the lid down so no one escapes.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by peas Wed 11 Oct 2017, 2:42 pm

I put a mouse in one upside down once with no lid in the play pen and she proceeded to vaccuum up all the toilet paper. So the ball was just a giant ball of toilet paper at the end that she wanted to nap in.   Her sister liked to hang out in it and groom.  

None of them liked using it the actual proper way though.  They did not like the lid being closed and it rolling.  They were fine with me putting them in it for a few minutes while they tried to escape and then came back into it again with no lid somewhere that it couldn't roll.   But they didn't like being trapped in it and it moving about.  

I gave up when those 3 particular mice didn't like it.   Also as someone else mentioned, the door fell off pretty easy.

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down