Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What tattoos do you have?

+2
Peachy
Rodents rock!
6 posters

Go down

What tattoos do you have? Empty What tattoos do you have?

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 17 Oct 2017, 7:47 pm

I thought this would be a fun topic, what tattoos do you have? Where are they? And what is the meaning behind them?

I will get us started!
I have three tattoos.
My first tattoo - I have a tiger on my stomach. This is in memory of someone that has passed.
My second tattoo - I have flowers on my ankle. This is a sister's tattoo my two sisters and I got. Its three flowers for three sisters.
My third tattoo - I have the word, Believe, on my wrist. I was going through a rough time and I wanted a constant reminder to believe things will get better.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

What tattoos do you have? Empty Re: What tattoos do you have?

Post by Peachy Wed 18 Oct 2017, 12:23 am

I have no tattoos, but have one in mind for someday. lol I've pondered it for a few years but am just now trying to get the whole thing sorted. It's my cat, but she's incorporated into other stuff. I actually had a dream about it! It was beautiful.

My husband has a few goofy looking ones that he got in high school... like a race car and a hockey stick. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 18 Oct 2017, 7:09 am

I got my first tattoo when I was 17. A heart with wings on my stomach. There's no real meaning behind it. I just wanted a tattoo and liked it. Christmas gift from my mom.

My second I was 23 I think. It's a butterfly on my back. Again no real meaning. It was a spur of the moment thing.

Third tattoo I was around 30. I had made some pretty big mistakes around that time. My husband decided he wanted his first tattoo and offered to pay for one for me too. I got an owl on my right forearm to remember to make wiser choices.

A couple years later I got "and the daffodils look lovely today" tattooed on my left wrist to remind me to keep looking forward at the good, and leave the bad behind.

I had planned to get several more tattoos but I'm finding the itch is fading some as I get older. Not that I regret any of them. I truly don't. But the desire is less. I've considered a hermit crab on my foot. A simple mouse near my collar bone. And I had a few ideas to represent my children. We'll see.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Wed 18 Oct 2017, 6:49 pm

Peachy wrote:I have no tattoos, but have one in mind for someday. lol I've pondered it for a few years but am just now trying to get the whole thing sorted. It's my cat, but she's incorporated into other stuff. I actually had a dream about it! It was beautiful.

My husband has a few goofy looking ones that he got in high school... like a race car and a hockey stick. Laughing

I was in my late 30's early 40's when I started getting tattoos. I had thought about it when I was younger, but was too big of a chicken back then. LOL

Well, if ya ever get that tattoo you will have to let us know Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Wed 18 Oct 2017, 6:54 pm

CallaLily wrote:I got my first tattoo when I was 17. A heart with wings on my stomach. There's no real meaning behind it. I just wanted a tattoo and liked it.  Christmas gift from my mom.

My second I was 23 I think. It's a butterfly on my back.  Again no real meaning. It was a spur of the moment thing.

Third tattoo I was around 30. I had made some pretty big mistakes around that time. My husband decided he wanted his first tattoo and offered to pay for one for me too. I got an owl on my right forearm to remember to make wiser choices.

A couple years later I got "and the daffodils look lovely today" tattooed on my left wrist to remind me to keep looking forward at the good, and leave the bad behind.

I had planned to get several more tattoos but I'm finding the itch is fading some as I get older. Not that I regret any of them. I truly don't. But the desire is less. I've considered a hermit crab on my foot. A simple mouse near my collar bone. And I had a few ideas to represent my children. We'll see.

I like that, an owl to remember to make wiser choices Very Happy

I may get more tattoos some day, I do love tattoos!
I've thought about a shark - every year during shark week I think about that one, and maybe some sayings.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

What tattoos do you have? Empty tattoos

Post by katelynvogie Mon 23 Oct 2017, 1:53 pm

I have only one tattoo. I got it when I was 16 with my mom. It is a bigger size tattoo on my shoulder. It is butterflies and a quote. Smile

katelynvogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 23 Oct 2017, 8:04 pm

katelynvogie wrote:I have only one tattoo. I got it when I was 16 with my mom. It is a bigger size tattoo on my shoulder. It is butterflies and a quote. Smile

Sounds nice. Can you share the quote with us or is it personal? Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Sat 25 Nov 2017, 12:33 am

I don't have any yet but I'm hoping to get some soon!

The first one I want is a little bat, possibly behind my ear but I'm not sure yet. Bats kinda represent me and they're my favorite animal

The one I really have been thinking on is a quote from the video game series Mass Effect- I want a Krogan (alien species from the games) with the quote "I am not perfect, but I have purpose"

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 25 Nov 2017, 5:23 pm

chiroptera wrote:I don't have any yet but I'm hoping to get some soon!

The first one I want is a little bat, possibly behind my ear but I'm not sure yet. Bats kinda represent me and they're my favorite animal

The one I really have been thinking on is a quote from the video game series Mass Effect- I want a Krogan (alien species from the games) with the quote "I am not perfect, but I have purpose"

I love bats. Many years ago I went to a bat seminar and I got to pet a bat. It was so cute. They had two of them there.
Also, that's a great saying, I really like that. Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 25 Nov 2017, 5:38 pm

I love bats, too! I always have, but after attending a bat lecture in the spring I was so head over heels. I've seen bats while we were grilling, so I looked into a bat house but decided they probably wouldn't like my yard. Started donating to a bat conservatory instead and got a cool t-shirt. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 27 Nov 2017, 7:03 pm

I have 40 hours of tattoos on my body that I got when i was 18.  I'm in my 40's now, I'd like to get another small one but I haven't decided what yet.

I have one that goes all the way around my waist.  And a large on my back.  They are all Celtic knot work with various animals woven in like dogs, cats and herons.  They all have the same them, I really like that.

My tattoos don't mean anything special to me per se but celtic knot work is meaningful in itself, so that's what they mean to me- changelessness, balance, tbe natural cycle of life, mind/body/spirit, past/present/future.  

Here are some examples of what celtic knot work looks like... it's pretty cool Smile

What tattoos do you have? Celtic10

What tattoos do you have? Ffxiwt10

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Wed 29 Nov 2017, 11:09 am

Rodents rock! wrote:
I love bats. Many years ago I went to a bat seminar and I got to pet a bat. It was so cute. They had two of them there.
Also, that's a great saying, I really like that. Very Happy

i'm so jealous i'm going to cry?? i want to pet a bat so badly omg... but yesss i love bats so so much

and thanks! i really love that quote, it's a good thing to make myself remember when the depression kicks in

Peachy wrote:I love bats, too! I always have, but after attending a bat lecture in the spring I was so head over heels. I've seen bats while we were grilling, so I looked into a bat house but decided they probably wouldn't like my yard. Started donating to a bat conservatory instead and got a cool t-shirt. Laughing

when i have an actual house i'm definitely going to get a bat house! i want all the batties in my yard Heart

and that's cool! what's the conservatory called, out of curiosity?

i also remembered that i also want a tattoo of the egyptian goddess bast, possibly a little cat statue with the heiroglyphs for her name

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum