Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why?!

2 posters

Go down

Why?! Empty Why?!

Post by Mice Are Cute Mon 23 Oct 2017, 4:34 pm

My brother is severely annoying! He began to tell my mom that mice always have spreadable sickness even when domesticated! Shocked And she believed him!!! I am worried she won't let me get any more mice... Why does he have to be such a jerk?

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Why?! Empty Re: Why?!

Post by Peachy Mon 23 Oct 2017, 5:20 pm

Ugh, brothers. Rolling Eyes  Wink  

It sounds like it's time to do some of your own research so you can increase your mom's comfort with pet mice. Maybe ask him where he got that information so he can back it up. Your vet would likely be a good resource.

Getting sick from domesticated mice is possible but not common. Most cases of diseases from a pet mouse (or hamster, is he against hamsters too? lol) will have originated from contact with a wild mouse... but even diseased wild mice aren't as common as they're made out to be. Similar to how not every wild raccoon/fox/whatever has rabies. Of course things can happen and it's important to practice good hygiene around pets, but this is true with any animal you interact with. A dog or cat is more likely to come into contact with a wild animal than your caged pet, but they get to lick your face and sleep on the furniture! lol Wash your hands before and after handling them, keep your face away from dirty bedding and urine/droppings, keep them clean and out of reach of wild animals, etc. I hope your brother didn't ruin mice for you, they're such fantastic little creatures. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum