Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally posting an introduction :)

+4
Blessed
CallaLily
Rodents rock!
Tess
8 posters

Go down

Finally posting an introduction :) Empty Finally posting an introduction :)

Post by Tess Fri 27 Oct 2017, 8:02 pm

Hi all! I'm Tess, a college student in western Washington. I'm pursuing a degree in biochemistry and I hope to go to med school. I love mice.

I have two groups of mice right now - 3 old ladies who are about 20 months of age, and 1 new baby who is no older than 3 months. I actually purchased 2 new mice recently from the same pet store (sorry, there are no local mouseries!), but one of them became ill and I'm waiting to hear back on how she's doing and whether or not I can get her back.

I originally had 5 mice, but have had 2 losses - one to mystery bloating at around 1yr 4months of age, and one to tumors at 1yr 6months.

My girls live in 2 bins, one on top of the other, connected by a vertically oriented J-shaped tube. Their setup is similar to a "gerbilarium" if you've heard of the term - top bin has wheels, food, and water, bottom bin is filled close to the top with bedding for them to nest in. The old ladies are Kiki (black mouse), Ponyo (white mouse), and Hannah (brown mouse with pink tip on her tail). The new girl is Kyoko (she's brown with a white stripe) and her cage mate was Sayaka, who I am hoping will recover and I can take home!

Here's a picture of my 3 older girls. Smile They were in a box while I cleaned their bins out.

Finally posting an introduction :) 20171010

Ponyo is extremely hyperactive. She eats a lot and runs a lot, and was always very petite, although she's starting to get fat now. Very Happy
Hannah is very adventurous and inquisitive. She is the easiest to handle and is almost always the first to try something new.
Kiki is, very literally, the black sheep of the group. That mouse is weird and I don't understand her. She doesn't act like a normal mouse, lol.

Kyoko is still quite new so I'm trying to learn her personality, but she seems to be sort of similar to Hannah, and she LOVES creating tunnels. I don't have any pictures of her yet because she's a young mouse and VERY active! All the photos are just blurs, haha.

This community helped me have a lot of peace of mind when my girls got a bit sick earlier (and Ponyo stayed sick, but has recovered well with treatment), so I'm really grateful for you all! Thanks for reading my intro Smile

Tess

Back to top Go down

Finally posting an introduction :) Empty Re: Finally posting an introduction :)

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 27 Oct 2017, 8:57 pm

Welcome Tess! Glad to have you and your mice here Very Happy
Your mice are cuties, all snuggled up in a pile!
Would love to see photos of your bin set up when you have time.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 28 Oct 2017, 7:18 am

hello3

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Mon 30 Oct 2017, 7:29 pm

Rodents rock! wrote:Welcome Tess! Glad to have you and your mice here Very Happy
Same. =)
And hello, Tess! Welcome to Pet Mouse Fanciers.
I only get my mice from pet stores; there isn't anything wrong with that. They can have a nice variety of very beautiful young mice. The mouse in my avatar was from PetSmart. He was a gorgeous, healthy Merle mouse; a really big boy with small ears. I really miss him. ='(
Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 30 Oct 2017, 8:56 pm

Blessed wrote:
Rodents rock! wrote:Welcome Tess! Glad to have you and your mice here Very Happy
Same. =)
And hello, Tess! Welcome to Pet Mouse Fanciers.
I only get my mice from pet stores; there isn't anything wrong with that. They can have a nice variety of very beautiful young mice. The mouse in my avatar was from PetSmart. He was a gorgeous, healthy Merle mouse; a really big boy with small ears. I really miss him. ='(

I agree about purchasing mice from pet shops, there is nothing wrong with that at all. The way I look at it is the mice can't help they ended up for sale in a pet store, and they deserve loving homes just as mice from breeders do. Very Happy My mouse, Mickey, is from PETsMART and he has always been a friendly and healthy boy. He's getting to be an old man now, slowing down a bit. He is such a sweetheart. Love
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Fri 03 Nov 2017, 5:32 pm

I agree about purchasing mice from pet shops, there is nothing wrong with that at all. The way I look at it is the mice can't help they ended up for sale in a pet store, and they deserve loving homes just as mice from breeders do. Very Happy  My mouse, Mickey, is from PETsMART and he has always been a friendly and healthy boy. He's getting to be an old man now, slowing down a bit. He is such a sweetheart. Love [/quote]

If I knew how to like your post (I'm not sure they're giving me an option, as I don't see one anywhere), I would like it. =D
Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 03 Nov 2017, 8:21 pm

Blessed wrote:
I agree about purchasing mice from pet shops, there is nothing wrong with that at all. The way I look at it is the mice can't help they ended up for sale in a pet store, and they deserve loving homes just as mice from breeders do. Very Happy  My mouse, Mickey, is from PETsMART and he has always been a friendly and healthy boy. He's getting to be an old man now, slowing down a bit. He is such a sweetheart. Love

If I knew how to like your post (I'm not sure they're giving me an option, as I don't see one anywhere), I would like it. =D[/quote]

Aww, thank you Blessed Mouse Wave
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 03 Nov 2017, 10:36 pm

Welcome to the forum! Beautiful girls!!

FYI, you can "like" a post by clicking on this little circled smiley. Smile
Finally posting an introduction :) 20171110
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Fri 03 Nov 2017, 11:23 pm

I know, Peachy; =) but it's not showing up on my computer. I don't know what happened to it, as it had been there the first day I joined. :/ ??

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by GGMouseCare Sat 04 Nov 2017, 11:20 pm

Welcome, Tess! Glad you're now part of the group. Wink This forum is a great community to come to for advice, and chat with other people who have mice as pets. Hope you like it as much as I do. Group Hug
GGMouseCare
GGMouseCare

Virgo Sleepy

https://GGMouseCare.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Thu 23 Nov 2017, 11:58 pm

Hello @Tess ! I'm another newbie- but I'd definitely love to see pics of your bin setups if you're able. 0:

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 27 Nov 2017, 6:18 pm

welcome!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down