Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bamboo?

3 posters

Go down

Bamboo? Empty Bamboo?

Post by CucumberMouse Tue 31 Oct 2017, 11:26 pm

I heard you can offer your mouse bamboo as a thing to chew on and a toy,I was wondering if any of you have ever tried bamboo with your mice and if they liked it?
CucumberMouse
CucumberMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sheepish

Back to top Go down

Bamboo? Empty Re: Bamboo?

Post by Nijimi にじみ Wed 01 Nov 2017, 6:44 am

It's kind of hard to get bamboo here unless you're buying bamboo chopsticks or something lol and you can't use those because they've been treated with chemicals. As for the chews I use, I use hay, reg. wood blocks from the pet store, bird ladders, and sisal chews/corn husk chews.

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 01 Nov 2017, 7:25 am

Make sure the bamboo your using is truly bamboo. "Lucky Bamboo" for instance, is not actually a type of bamboo and I often see it on lists to avoid for other types of pets. True bamboo is safe.

I actually have given my mice (clean) bamboo chopsticks to chew. They're made to be eaten with --made to come in contact with food and your mouth-- I don't see why they wouldn't be safe. My mice loved them. I have also seen a few bamboo items sold for small animals and reptiles in some shops, but I haven't purchased any yet.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CucumberMouse Wed 01 Nov 2017, 7:01 pm

Thanks, I found a bamboo tunnel in the petstore, I'm pretty sure its real bamboo, I'll do some more research on it. Its good to know your mice enjoyed the bamboo though Smile
CucumberMouse
CucumberMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sheepish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum