Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How high can a cage be placed before it is not safe?

2 posters

Go down

How high can a cage be placed before it is not safe? Empty How high can a cage be placed before it is not safe?

Post by caitlin181 Sun 19 Nov 2017, 2:07 pm

I'm very excited to be getting 3 female mice next summer! However space in my room is limited so their cage (which hopefully will be a savic plaza) will be going on top of my Ikea MALM chest of drawers, the height of the drawers are 1m as it is the 4 drawer version, although the cage should be secure im worried the fall may be fatal if one were to escape. Do any of you keep your cages on higher surfaces? (The drawers are positioned next to my bed so there is a chance they could simply hop onto there, i also have carpeted floors if that makes a difference)

caitlin181

Back to top Go down

How high can a cage be placed before it is not safe? Empty Re: How high can a cage be placed before it is not safe?

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 19 Nov 2017, 2:17 pm

Most of the time mice won't jump from high services. Not a guarantee, but most won't. And as long as the bar spacing on the cage is safe for mice, they shouldn't be able to escape. Congratulations on your future mice! Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down