Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

im still here

5 posters

Go down

im still here Empty im still here

Post by scaredymouse Mon 20 Nov 2017, 2:11 pm

we're still working through or grief over losing Maya.  Our other cat Kevin is pretty sad too.  We've been working with a rescue trying to find the right companion for him and we think we have, we hopefully meet/bring him home on Friday.

also, poor little Charlie died, he was the companion for my ASF.  He was over 2 years old though.  She wouldn't leave his side the day he died, she loved him so much.  I decided to pair her up with Fancy Pant since he's the same age, doesn't love people that much, and he's pretty mellow.  They will be a good pair but right now... She wishes he would settle down already and take a break!  Lol.

and finally, two guinea pigs have found their way to me.  They come with their cage and everything, so its perfect.  Their momma loves them very much but her landlord is forcing her to give them up... Something like that.  It's sad.  They are a bonded pair of males.  They're gorgeous. 

im still here Acf7ce10
im still here De146210

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

im still here Empty Re: im still here

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 20 Nov 2017, 5:33 pm

Again, I'm so sorry about Maya. I once lost a cat that I wasn't even very attached to, she was named "Sassy" for a reason lol. She wasn't a super nice kitty, but I still missed her when she was gone and it was hard losing her, since she'd been in our family since before I was born. I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose a kitty you loved so much. ♥️ I'm glad you are getting another kitty though, I hope the new kitty is really sweet!

Aw, poor Charlie, I'm so sorry! Worry At least you gave him a great life in his last days. I'm sure he was very grateful for that. I wish I could get an ASF as a friend for Scout. Scout absolutely hates me and wants nothing to do with me. I stick my hand in and try to pet him, but I get bit every time. Then I use the gloves and he tail rattles, closes his eyes, bites them, runs away. I just don't know what to do for him lol. I do this everyday, but I don't know how much it helps him feel loved if he hates me. I let him explore new places at playtime, but I don't think taking him out to explore things is helping him feel like he has a companion. I even let him see the girls through the mesh lid of their tanks, but I doubt that helps much lol. He can see them but can't be near them. Anyways, I think the best option would be to get him an ASF girlfriend to hang out with, but they are illegal here and I've never seen one for sale anywhere Sad

And yayyyyy, guinea pigs! They are so fluffy! What kind of setup do you have for them? I want to get guinea pigs one day, though it will be years from now, not anytime soon. I was looking at those c&c cages that people make, they look so cool! Can guinea pigs not jump out of them? Lol.

Were you going to get rats? I remember someone talking about getting rats. You really should, they seem like such sweet things! Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 20 Nov 2017, 6:48 pm

hugs

I'm glad to hear you're looking for a new buddy for Kevin and that you were able to give those piggies a home. They're so cute! So sorry to hear about Charlie.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Mon 20 Nov 2017, 6:57 pm

I hope the kitty works out for you and I am happy you were able to help out the piggies owner. I am sure they hugely appreciate having someone like you take them in.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 20 Nov 2017, 7:02 pm

as for now, i don't have any set up!  They are coming to me complete with cage, i believe it is a midwest cage 2' x 4'.  It has a cage lid but many people don't use them because the piggies can't jump out.  But I'll be using it so the kitties don't jump in!

we were on the fence about getting another cat so soon but our Kevin is really mopey.  He seems bored and lonely.   the cat we are looking at has been at the rescue some time and he loves on every cat who comes through the door.  But he is also really sad to see them all go as he stays behind.  He's not the friendliest with people but he sounds like a great fit for Kevin.  And we'll soften him up.  He's nice just not a snuggler.  That's fine...we'll make him love us!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 20 Nov 2017, 7:15 pm

Hi Scaredy, good to hear from you Very Happy

The new cat you are getting does sound like a good fit for Kevin. What is his name?

So sorry about Charlie's passing.

Exciting about the guinea pigs. They are so cute! What are their names?
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 20 Nov 2017, 8:59 pm

The cats name is Evan but were going to change it.... We can't have a Kevin and Evan.

The peegs know their names already, Nicks and Berle.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 20 Nov 2017, 9:40 pm

Yes, Kevin and Evan won't work for sure Very Happy

Those are cute piggy names, sweet.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 22 Nov 2017, 11:14 am

I had a bonding session with fancy pants and aggie last night because she just wasn't taking to him and it worked like a charm. She started warming up and he groomed her... And this morning i found them snuggled in the hammock together! They're married now!

Warms my heart. Fancy pants is my least social male with me, so i figured he was probably the lonliest. Side bonus, Aggie let's me pet her now...we also bonded during this whole thing.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 22 Nov 2017, 12:10 pm

Awww. I'm glad it worked out!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Wed 22 Nov 2017, 2:59 pm

I am so glad that fancy pants and aggie are working out! That sounds super sweet!
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Wed 22 Nov 2017, 6:30 pm

That is great to hear!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy