Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to introduce a single mouse to a pair

3 posters

Go down

How to introduce a single mouse to a pair Empty How to introduce a single mouse to a pair

Post by LazuliesMice Tue 21 Nov 2017, 2:02 pm

Heyy all.
So I had 2 pairs of mice living separately, but unfortunately this morning Ginger passed away Bad Day . Poor poppy is all alone, so I want to get her living with basil and champagne.
Their cage is the equivalent of a 20 gallon cage so they have plenty of space for another pal. They've met before, and have never fought, but I'm nervous about just straight up putting her in with the other girls. Any advice would be awesome.

Worried

Back to top Go down

How to introduce a single mouse to a pair Empty Re: How to introduce a single mouse to a pair

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 21 Nov 2017, 3:40 pm

I'm sorry for your loss of Ginger. I would introduce them on neutral territory. See how they do and if they do alright, you should be able to house them together. Other members will have more detail on the introductions who have done it before. I'm just going by what I've learned on the forum Very Happy Good luck, I hope they all get along and it will be nice for Poppy to have the companionship of Basil and Champagne!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

How to introduce a single mouse to a pair Empty Re: How to introduce a single mouse to a pair

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 21 Nov 2017, 9:28 pm

So sorry for your loss Sad

You would just introduce them like you would normally. Use a neutral area, such as a play bin, box, or an unoccupied tank. Simply plop them all in and watch to make sure there's no fighting. I usually put in a toy that they can all share, like a saucer wheel. Then just observe for a while and remember the main rule in introductions; No blood, no problem. If no blood is drawn in neutral territory, you can then clean out their main tank/cage, wash all the toys to get the mice's scents off of them, wipe down the floor/walls of the cage or tank, then put in fresh bedding. So everything should be fresh and new in their tank or cage. Then move them over to their permanent home. Watch them for a while there, and if there's no blood, you're good! Smile I hope they bond well!

How to introduce a single mouse to a pair Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum