Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so, we got a cat

+5
Mice Are Cute
CallaLily
AnonymousMouseOwner
Peachy
scaredymouse
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

so, we got a cat Empty so, we got a cat

Post by scaredymouse Mon 27 Nov 2017, 8:10 pm

Of all the cats in the world... I picked the most feral, traumatized cat in the world.  He's a sad little thing.  He was born wild and captured at four months old.  And for the last year and a half, has been living at a rescue that just sort of let him do his own thing... so he was never socialized.  He's 2 years old and he has never been held or petted.  When we brought him home, he was so terrified that he pooped everywhere in his carried.  He was COVERED in poop.  I had no choice but to give this scared, feral cat a bath.  He took it like a champ and to my surprise, fell asleep in my arms while wrapped in the towel.  He had a rough first day.

We've got him set up in the bathroom, so he can settle in.  Plus I'm not letting him out until his diarrhea clears up.  

He's a funny little guy.  He hisses and fights if you try to pick him up... but if I get him he snuggles up my arms.  He's going to take A LOT of work but he deserves good things.  I have very low expectactions!  Get along (or at least don't bother) my by main man Kevin, come out of hiding for meals, use the sandbox.

Meet the new critter, he still needs a name Smile
The first picture is of his feel and underbelly covered in poop!

so, we got a cat Wp_20125

so, we got a cat Wp_20123

so, we got a cat Wp_20121

so, we got a cat Wp_20122

so, we got a cat Wp_20124

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

so, we got a cat Empty Re: so, we got a cat

Post by Peachy Mon 27 Nov 2017, 11:47 pm

Congrats on your kitty. He has beautiful eyes!! Swoon2

In my teens, we had a cat in my grandma's basement that we inherited from my step-dad's ex-wife's mom. She only liked my step-dad's ex-wife's mom. Sometimes we went down there and could hear her growling at us from the shadows. Creepy! One time she was sitting on my sister's lap growling when my step-dad's ex-wife's mom called to talk to the cat... and the cat actually started purring when she heard her voice! It was something. She eventually came around a bit. I hope your crazy kitty will, too. Good vibes
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 28 Nov 2017, 6:34 am

What a beautiful cat! I hope he tames up well for you!

One time, my family and I were at this area that is a sort of natural, forest kind of place but right next to town. Unfortunately, it has become home to a large clan of feral cats, and a dumping ground for unwanted kitties Sad Anyways, a few years ago we were there, and there was a tiny kitten hanging around in the bushes, roaming the parking lot a little, and watching us. He was interested in us, but never got too close. I don't remember how, but we somehow managed to catch him. I don't think he was feral, I think he'd been dumped recently, because he was tamer than most of the cats there. We took him home, fed him, gave him water, and a little bed. We couldn't keep him though, so we found him a home with a nice family, and they really loved him. I haven't heard any updates on him recently, but I hope he's doing well with them still! Just thought I'd share, since your kitty's story reminded me Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 28 Nov 2017, 8:13 am

He's so pretty. I bet he'll come around soon enough. Poor guy has had it rough but soon he'll realize how great a new home he has. Wink He looks so scared in the first picture but much calmer in the rest.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Mice Are Cute Wed 29 Nov 2017, 3:18 pm

Aww he is too cute! Lucky! My parents would never let me get a cat, but I am secretly hoping for a abandoned one to care for... also known as "Suprise Rescued Pet" or SRP Very Happy Laughing

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by River Wed 29 Nov 2017, 7:55 pm

He's adorable. I saw a cat at the rescue today with like...freaky long legs. Why does a cat need that much leg? It was simply too much leg. An unreasonable amount of leg. It was really cute, though, and he looked a lot like your guy.

The first thing that came to mind namewise was Oscar Wilde. Famous poet, but I'm 80% sure it just came to mind because...wild. It's a feral cat. Pretty nice pun. Comedy genius.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Wed 29 Nov 2017, 9:16 pm

Congratulations on your new kitty! He is handsome. If anyone can tame him, you can, I know it. Very Happy I'm so happy he has you! How about Guapo for a name, Spanish for good-looking/handsome. Jump Hearts
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 30 Nov 2017, 10:44 am

Hi Scaredy - did you get those two guinea pigs yet?  If so , how are they settling in?
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 30 Nov 2017, 2:28 pm

Guinea pigs should get here around Christmas.  I'm so excited.  Mostly I'm excited because at least one of them is super affectionate.  So i can just wrap him up and plop him down on my lap and he'll sit there like a potato all night.  Look at these new pictures I got of him!!!!!  I am so looking forward to giving him baths, styling his hair, brushing him.  

The best thing about peegs is how many sweet little noises they make.  I'm so excited!!!!

so, we got a cat 13704810

so, we got a cat 14135410

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 30 Nov 2017, 2:44 pm

[quote="scaredymouse"]Guinea pigs should get here around Christmas.  I'm so excited.  Mostly I'm excited because at least one of them is super affectionate.  So i can just wrap him up and plop him down on my lap and he'll sit there like a potato all night.  Look at these new pictures I got of him!!!!!  I am so looking forward to giving him baths, styling his hair, brushing him.  

The best thing about peegs is how many sweet little noises they make.  I'm so excited!!!!

That is so exciting!!! Such beautiful long fur on him. I would love to have a couple of peegs, but I just don't have the appropriate amount of space for them. My apartment is only 450 sq ft.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 30 Nov 2017, 3:02 pm

that's a small apartment!

I have a small room that I keep the chinchillas in, I'm going to put them in there.  It's going to be a mess of bedding, poops, and hay all over that room.  LOL.

I've got to draw the line here.  No more animals of any kind in this house.  Chez Scaredy is full.

But the guinea pig pictures are going to be great!!!!!

do you follow me on Instagram @lucythehamstar

I post my best pictures on there...  here's my favorites recently

so, we got a cat Wp_20132

so, we got a cat Wp_20130

so, we got a cat Wp_20133

so, we got a cat Wp_20136

so, we got a cat Wp_20131

so, we got a cat Wp_20134

so, we got a cat Wp_20135

so, we got a cat Wp_20137

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 30 Nov 2017, 3:10 pm

Yes, it's a very tiny apartment. So with my dog, my mouse, and my hamster, there is really no where to put another pet.

I don't even know how to do Instagram - I'm not up on all that technology. I don't even do Facebook or anything like that. But those photos are awesome!!! They are all great, but I think my favorite is the second to the last photo! Thanks for sharing!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 30 Nov 2017, 3:14 pm

I know! Mia is my little Chinese hamsters and she has the sweetest little face. Well, if you aren't on instagram, I'll just have to keep posting all my hamster pictures on here too! I don't want to overwhelm people with them, but i love them so much and i want everybody to see how sweet they are.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 30 Nov 2017, 3:22 pm

scaredymouse wrote:I know!  Mia is my little Chinese hamsters and she has the sweetest little face.  Well, if you aren't on instagram, I'll just have to keep posting all my hamster pictures on here too!  I don't want to overwhelm people with them, but i love them so much and i want everybody to see how sweet they are.

I miss my little Chinese hamster, his name was Sweet Pea Love He was so sweet!
Would love to have another one, but can't find them anywhere.

I think everyone loves seeing your pictures! The more the better in my opinion!! Bliss
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 30 Nov 2017, 7:50 pm

I love seeing your pics! And I don't mind seeing them twice. Giddy That piggy is gorgeous. I love the little sleigh pictures too.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum