Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updates on the Girls

5 posters

Go down

Updates on the Girls Empty Updates on the Girls

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 03 Jun 2016, 5:56 am

I thought it was about time I have an update on the girls and let everyone know how they're doing.

Mabel is cured! Hurray! We finished the treatment for tapeworm last Friday, and I've since removed the heat pad from under the tank. She's doing well, and though all of them have been sleeping a lot during the day this week, she seems more energetic already. I caught her running on the saucer last night, something I haven't seen her do in a while. I decided to give her the entire week off from everything, so she can rest. Unfortunately, while she's healed, she's not exactly tame. She is really mad at me for all those drugs. She's very jumpy when I'm around. So I'm gonna work on re-taming her next week. I also am gonna start the renutrifying process next week with spinach, kale, and broccoli. I would've started earlier, but I haven't had a chance to go buy those things. But yeah, she's doing A-okay.

Little Cow is still doing fine and acting normally. Her tumor is unfortunately growing very fast. It's pretty huge now. A week ago is was almost unnoticeable unless you looked at her the right way, but now everyone in the family's noticed. So I ended up explaining what was happening. The vet prescribed me pain meds for when I would need them, metacam and something else... some sort of opiate, I think? It starts with a B. But yeah, I have those on hand now. I'll try those herbs the vet gave me, but I really doubt they'll work. So right now, the plan is to go as normal and keep her comfy until I can't anymore. Not much else to it.

Funny story though. When the vet gave me the herbs, I was shocked to see that she's prescribed 8 teaspoons twice a day! I complained when I picked up the metacam, and they realized it was supposed to be 1/8 of a teaspoon twice a day. Haha!

Egg and Rosie are still healthy as always. I actually have a really sweet story about Rosie. Last night, I had her, Egg, and Cow out on the bed while I was watching game grumps and trying to fall asleep, and Rosie came up, curled up right against my face, and just snuggled with me for a good half hour. It was lovely! Rosie's always been a smuggler, but this is the most she's ever snuggled with me. I almost fell asleep with her curled up next to me, and she was so mad when I had to get up to put them in their tank. It was a real lovely time.

Alright I'm done rambling now. Just wanted to let you all know how everyone was doing.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Updates on the Girls Empty Re: Updates on the Girls

Post by CallaLily Fri 03 Jun 2016, 7:55 am

I'm glad Mabel is doing better and that Little Cow is still herself despite the tumor. What a big mix up with the dosage! Do you know what the herbs are that the vet prescribed? Just curious about what herbs she thinks might help. Are they supposed to possibly shrink the tumor or just slow it or ??

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 03 Jun 2016, 7:58 am

Good news about Mabel feeling better! I hope retaming goes well. I'm sorry there wasn't a solution for Little Cow, but at least she still seems okay.

Rosie always sounds so sweet, how lucky you are to have such a snuggler!! Hearts
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 03 Jun 2016, 7:59 am

I'm not sure. She's just hoping it'll do something. It'd be nice if it slowed the growth, but I feel like a bunch of plants aren't gonna do much for a tumor, especially if it's cancerous.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Fri 03 Jun 2016, 8:32 am

Yaaay! Glad Mabel's doing well Very Happy Don't worry about her being mad at you. I had a mouse that after two weeks of medication HATED me. Rattled her tail at me whenever I came to the cage. I just went back to taming her, and within a month (may have been less than a month) she forgot all about it, and remembered we were friends. Lots of treats helps too!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:02 am

You may remember Cheeseburger was the same way after her medication for that ear infection. After a few months she came around, though she no longer liked to be held.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:08 am

I think she'll come around! Mabel has always had an up and down relationship with me. She was never the friendliest anyway, but I'd just like to get her to a point where she isn't so fearful. If she's not a fan of me after re-taming, then I can deal with that, but I'd just like it so she doesn't jump and start whenever she sees my hand coming towards her. I'm even giving her a break on eye flushings until she feels better.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Fri 03 Jun 2016, 10:17 am

Such good news about Mabel...that poor girl has been through so much with all those meds, she deserves a whole week off to just be a mouse again!

For Little Cow, those herbs may actually help to reduce discomfort and may help her system tolerate the pain meds when she eventually needs to take them. Nature holds more wonders than we can imagine so give them to her with confidence.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 03 Jun 2016, 10:36 am

MesaMouse wrote:
For Little Cow, those herbs may actually help to reduce discomfort and may help her system tolerate the pain meds when she eventually needs to take them. Nature holds more wonders than we can imagine so give them to her with confidence.

That makes sense. I'm so curious to know what they are. Then we could dig a little and maybe see what the vet is trying to get at.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum