Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garcia

5 posters

Go down

Garcia  Empty Garcia

Post by River Sat 23 Dec 2017, 10:10 pm

We had our first taming session today. She ran over my hand twice (and partially did on accident, before realizing and bolting in the other direction) with minimal signs of aggression. She rattled her tail once or twice, but spent the majority of the time exploring my legs.

Per usual, here are the four out of hundreds that turned out somewhat focused. Her little brindle spot looks so odd in comparison to the rest of her. Red Heart

Garcia  Img_7112
Garcia  Img_7211
Garcia  Img_7210
Garcia  Img_7212

Also, I've inquired this before in another thread but there wasn't a response; I live in my parents house, and since the store said the mice had been quarantined for a week already, they don't want to have a separate cage taking up space for the full twenty-one days. They're pushing 13-14 days (two weeks), with the insistence that they should be introduced before her warranty goes out anyways.

Will this be fine, or should I throw some more work into convincing them? I'm not entirely against it, taking Graham's depression into consideration, but I'm not sure if the risk is worth it.  Confused

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Garcia  Empty Re: Garcia

Post by CallaLily Sun 24 Dec 2017, 9:31 pm

Sounds like taming is going well. She's a cutie for sure. I'm not sure about shortening quarantine. I would say it depends on her behavior and taming sessions, because you're not only watching for illness and pregnancy during quarantine but also time put in to taming which can make intros go better.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by River Sun 24 Dec 2017, 11:07 pm

Thanks! I'll see how taming goes then. So far she's made progress and seems more confident, but she's definitely a scared little thing. Kinda funny, the guy at the shop was terrified of her.

I caught her posing in the cage a few minutes ago. Garcia  069aeb10

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 24 Dec 2017, 11:48 pm

Oh my gosh, she's adorable ❤️

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by jubilee Sat 30 Dec 2017, 9:41 pm

She looks just like my Pheobe! Sweet! Keep at it.

- Remembering Sam and Phoebe Angel Angel  ...
jubilee
jubilee

Leo Cold

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 30 Dec 2017, 9:54 pm

Aww, she's so adorable! Love

That's funny that the guy at the shop was afraid of her. I've been warned several times at the pet store that mice "aren't the friendliest creatures" and "are much more likely to bite than the rats" Laughing They are always telling me to be very careful when handling mice because they're bitey and jumpy. Yet, I've never had them jump out of my hands or bite me in the store, while they've jumped out of the employees hands several times. Lol.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by River Sat 30 Dec 2017, 10:07 pm

It's even more hilarious now that I know her well. She can be pretty skittish, but she's not bitey at all. For the most part, she just ignores you or gets out of the way. I wonder what such a little thing did to him to earn that level of fear.

I need to get updated photos. Her colors are changing already.
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down