Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My little Sam

5 posters

Go down

My little Sam Empty My little Sam

Post by jubilee Thu 28 Dec 2017, 10:40 am

This morning I lost my Sam.  Like any pet death, it was awful.  But for me, it was heartbreaking.  I had taken her out of her tank.  She had been begging for me to pick her up, so I did.  I gave her a little kiss on her back, and set her back in the tank.  I put the lid on.  My parents have told me to put a weight on top of the tank so they couldn't push it and get out.  I thought the lid was on, so I place the weight on top of it.  The lid wasn't on all the way, and the weight slid into the cage, and fell on my poor Sam, who was begging to be taken out again.  When I picked her up, she was bleeding, and struggling. I whispered her name. Then she went limp.  I rushed her downstairs to my dad (both my parents are vets). He started doing CPR but I knew it was too late.  I buried her under a little red and green shrub, on top of and under some toilet paper shreddings, something she loved to curl up in.
She died in my hands.

I only had Sam for about two months.  But they were such happy months.  She was the sweetest little girl and I loved her like I'd never loved another pet.  I can't help but feel responsible.  Her life was short but sweet, and she made sure to share her sweetness with whomever took part in it.

Rest in peace my sweet Sam. Angel
jubilee
jubilee

Leo Cold

Back to top Go down

My little Sam Empty Re: My little Sam

Post by chiroptera Thu 28 Dec 2017, 12:44 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. ;n; It's always hard when it feels like you're responsible for the death of a pet, but you did what you could for her, and remember that she doesn't blame you for it. Just learn from this to take even better care of your future animals.

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 28 Dec 2017, 7:06 pm

Oh no, so many accidents today. :'( Im so sorry about Sam. Accidental deaths are so hard, especially when you feel like youre at fault. At least with effort, youve learned from your mistakes and the same thing wont happen again. Rest in peace, little Sam.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 28 Dec 2017, 8:51 pm

Oh no, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know you feel really bad and nothing we say will make it better, but it was an accident. Don't be too hard on yourself. Sending you hugs.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 28 Dec 2017, 8:58 pm

I'm sorry for your loss. I've fretted the same outcome and understand the guilty feeling. I hope you'll feel better soon. Good vibes
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by jubilee Fri 29 Dec 2017, 8:23 am

Oh my gosh. You people are making me cry. I find it so amazing how this community of people I barely know is so supportive and kind! Thank you so much!

- Remembering Sam and Phoebe Angel Angel  ...
jubilee
jubilee

Leo Cold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum