Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rose

4 posters

Go down

Rose  Empty Rose

Post by Musical Mouse of Doom Thu 28 Dec 2017, 2:58 pm

Today I made the biggest mistake I've ever made, and my precious Rose payed the price. I got her out to run around and play, and had her in my lap. Well, I didn't pay attention to see if any of my cat's were in the room. I turned to grab my phone to take pictures of my sweet baby Rose, and that's when my cat, Noni, pounced. She held Rose in her mouse with a death grip, while I was clutching her by the scruff, trying to get her to let go. My other hand was trying to pry her mouth open while Rose was squirming, then slowly went limp. My cat dropped Rose and I threw my cat out, poor Rose's body in my hand. She let out a weak squeak, then stopped breathing in my hand. I attempted CPR and everything, but I already knew it was no use, she had major internal bleeding, and her spine was obviously broken. I know it's not the cat's fault, it's just in her nature, but I can't help it. I blame myself more than anything. She was so sweet, it only took a week to tame her. That was the first and last time I had ever actually held her. I just need to learn from my mistake, and try to move on.
Musical Mouse of Doom
Musical Mouse of Doom

Gemini Sad

Back to top Go down

Rose  Empty Re: Rose

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 28 Dec 2017, 7:02 pm

Oh no, Im so sorry. :'( It really is the absolute worst when you lose a mouse to an accident. Its hard to not blame yourself. But know that you know to be more careful now, and with effort, itll never happen again in the future. Rest in peace, Rose.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 28 Dec 2017, 8:57 pm

I'm so sorry you lost your girlie this way. I know how terrifying it is! From experience with wild rabbits, it seems that cats bite down harder the more you try to get them to let go. I hope you'll feel better soon. Good vibes

Rest sweetly, little Rose. Rainbow Angel
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 28 Dec 2017, 9:00 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. Try not to be too hard on yourself or on your cat. That was just a natural instinct of the cat. But I totally understand your reaction. Sending you hugs.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum