Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Share Your Funny Mouse Stories

3 posters

Go down

Share Your Funny Mouse Stories Empty Share Your Funny Mouse Stories

Post by Blessed Tue 02 Jan 2018, 1:48 pm

Hi, everyone!
So, I have a funny mouse story to share and thought you guys might enjoy doing the same (you can also share a cute one instead, if you'd like). =D Whether you share it by a video, a picture-story mode (like @jubilee and @AnonymousMouseOwner did, lol), or just words, it doesn't matter. Smile
Okay, here's mine:
One time Daniela was doing the silent wheel quickly by herself, and then Rachel decided to join her. She slowed Dani down, and then Daniela turned around to do it the other direction. So she awkwardly started doing it again, and Rachel clung to the side of it. Finally, Rachel slipped over the yellow knob in the middle of the wheel, got spun around once (including the top of the wheel), and then fell off. Laughing
It'd be funnier if you could see the video I have of it, but I don't have a YouTube account, so I can't share that. Razz
Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Share Your Funny Mouse Stories Empty Re: Share Your Funny Mouse Stories

Post by jubilee Tue 02 Jan 2018, 6:11 pm

Phoebe and Sam (may she rest in peace) did that all the time, usually with my clumsy Sam in the middle. Wheeeee!

- Remembering Sam and Phoebe Angel Angel  ...
jubilee
jubilee

Leo Cold

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Mon 08 Jan 2018, 5:16 pm

Here's one example of how Princess April trained me.

About a week into December of 2016, I noticed one morning that April felt chilly in my hands.  I tried the usual ways to warm her up -- the long, slow, open-mouth exhale over her back; some mousie-in-the-shirt time -- but she kept going hypothermic.  I needed to get more calories into her, but I knew she wouldn't just eat more food for the sake of eating more food.  I had to add calories to what she would already eat.

The simple solution was to spike her multi-grain baby cereal porridge.  She liked that porridge so much, any time of the day or night, that it was a simple thing to add a couple drops of maple syrup or honey to her little bowlful.  She ate it right up, and by two days later she was retaining her body temperature just fine again.

Just to be safe, through the winter, I continued to put a drop of syrup into the porridge somewhat regularly, although not every time and not even every day.  And, no, April did not get pudgy from it.

By the end of January, I was ready to drop the syrup routine entirely.  One night at the end of the work day, though, I asked if she'd like some more cereal and went about making a new batch for her.  I put the freshly filled bowl into her enclosure, and she came over to check it out.  Her little face hovered over the dinner bowl, back and forth, side to side, but without tasting.  She looked up at me.

"OH!  You want maple syrup!  I'll get it.  I will get it."  Those were my immediate and exact words as I reached for the syrup bottle.  Once I put her syrup on top, April ate her dinner porridge with her usual gusto.

After that, she never asked for syrup again.  Sometimes she would get some, but we soon put the bottle away for good.  I guess it was enough for her to know that she had trained me to get it for her if she really wanted it!

And now for a picture of April with her porridge bowl.  And a spinach leaf.  (If I can do it correctly -- otherwise, a blank space will follow ...)  She looks a bit like a felt mouse here, with that perfect teardrop shape, but the truth is ... I had just cleaned up that end of the mousehouse and she was making it feel more like home with the addition of a fresh piddle puddle (which is plainly visible in the next photos I took, as she sits on it to eat the spinach leaf).

Share Your Funny Mouse Stories April_13

Last edited by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop on Mon 08 Jan 2018, 6:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum