Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you feed your mice??

+5
CinnamonPearl
CallaLily
GabbiLuvsMice
SoBrill
goldfishfanforever
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What do you feed your mice?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you feed your mice??

Post by Soren Fri 03 Jun 2016, 11:30 pm

CinnamonPearl wrote:I have to recommend against using lab blocks or kibble types of food. To eat the same thing, day after day, is extremely boring for mice and can even be mentally taxing. Mice get a huge amount of stimulation every day from getting to choose and shuck their food. Seeds are much better and more natural for them.

Indeed. But seed mix made my Daisy fat. But not all my mice got fat on it. Just daisy. Daisy is on a lab block diet.

My mice love seed mixes! As long as they eat everything, it is good. I heard mice can only eat their favorite parts and become malnourished.
Soren
Soren
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by peas Sat 04 Jun 2016, 4:41 am

My mice prefer their kibble.   It's a treat to them.  I give them their kibble in their morning or night and they grab it and start chowing down.    If i give them a few they'll generally just eat the first one or half of it atleast and then come back for the rest but the kibble is one of their favourite things.

To make sure the kibble stays a treat, i never put it in with their regular food.   Their regular mix is always in a pile somewhere else.  

Lab blocks aren't the healthiest stuff.  I am not sure what is in yours but you should think about adding some kibble and seeds even if you stick with the lab blocks. Picking through and choosing various foods is also stimulation to mice. Feeding them just lab blocks or just the same stuff over and over robs them of an avenue of entertainment.

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Sat 04 Jun 2016, 6:14 am

Okay so I'm thinking of getting a lab block and a few types of muesli mixes after what everyone has suggested.
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 04 Jun 2016, 7:05 am

just a wee bit off topic but speaking of lab blocks, for my hamsters I add lab blocks to their regular base mix to increase the protein for them. funny, the *love* the lab blocks. every week when I clean out the tank and fill the food bowl and then throw in a few new lab blocks. my hammie immediately shoves one in each cheek and heads down to the nest. Repeat until gone.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Sat 04 Jun 2016, 7:12 am

scaredymouse wrote:just a wee bit off topic but speaking of lab blocks, for my hamsters I add lab blocks to their regular base mix to increase the protein for them.  funny, the *love* the lab blocks.  every week when I clean out the tank and fill the food bowl and then throw in a few new lab blocks.  my hammie immediately shoves one in each cheek and heads down to the nest.  Repeat until gone.
I use the supreme selective for my hamsters along with nuggets and 4 different types of muesli but they really don't like the nuggets and supreme selective.
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum