Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, that happened...

2 posters

Go down

Well, that happened...  Empty Well, that happened...

Post by chiroptera Sat 13 Jan 2018, 1:39 am

I was making bin cages to donate to a rat rescue that recently opened up nearby and, uh, accidentally sliced right through my wrist.

My roommates made me go get stitches. So, yeah. Whoops.

Sorry, @Peachy - I hope we're not in sync anymore Razz

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Well, that happened...  Empty Re: Well, that happened...

Post by Peachy Sat 13 Jan 2018, 6:04 am

Oh my gosh, me too! (That is, "I also hope we're not in sync." Laughing) I got mine finished, so no more bin cages for me... and I'm staying the heck away from box cutters. I don't need to learn a lesson twice.

How on earth did you get to your wrist?! Worry Hope it feels ok quickly! Good vibes
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Sun 14 Jan 2018, 10:43 pm

Peachy wrote:Oh my gosh, me too! (That is, "I also hope we're not in sync." Laughing) I got mine finished, so no more bin cages for me... and I'm staying the heck away from box cutters. I don't need to learn a lesson twice.

How on earth did you get to your wrist?! Worry Hope it feels ok quickly! Good vibes

Glad you're not going near any more bins, we don't need any more injuries. Laughing

I was cutting with my left hand and bracing the bin with my right, if that's any indication as to how careful I was being. Rolling Eyes (And I'm not left-handed, either.) I've been banned from touching any knives so I've just been supervising the remaining bin making, basically. I guess my roommates would rather help out than deal with me injuring myself again. Razz

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 14 Jan 2018, 11:21 pm

I'm glad your roommates are helping now. Fingers crossed no knives get flung in your direction. lol

I cut my right thumb, and I'm also not left handed. But I had already cut all the holes, so I was only trying to pluck off a sharp, burnt, knobby piece when the knife slipped right over it and into my thumb.

Eeks and ewws:

It's less swollen now, but still very tender and a bit stiff. Probably because it's always wrapped up and unmoved, but I'm petrified of getting it dirty! Nail biting I hope you're healing well!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum