Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toffee and Coffee

+4
MouseLover
CallaLily
Peachy
Nestmouse
8 posters

Go down

Toffee and Coffee  Empty Toffee and Coffee

Post by Nestmouse Fri 03 Jun 2016, 1:10 pm

Toffe and Coffee were two boys born in an animal shelter where their mother was sheltered as an unwanted pet. The two came to live with me after their first seven weeks. They were with me until they were approximately one year and nine months old.
Last week, I found Coffe panting, and clinging to a large wooden toy, with his body temperature rapidly dropping. I knew he was dying and while it was four o'clock in the afternoon I took him with me going to bed where he kept himself warm around my body until the early hours in the morning when he died.
His brother Toffee started losing his ability to walk this week while drinking and eating day and night without ever being hydrated or filled with food enough. He had one visit to the vet, a medication to support his kidneys which he didn't take, and another one I didn't have the chance to try out - today, he could only crawl and stumble between his food and nest - I wanted to comfort him but everytime my hand came too close he squeaked and jumped. He was afraid of being touched where he was in pain. Toffee was put to sleep with gas and a successive injection today. As always, I stayed with him; when he was fast asleep from the gas I held him in my hands for the needle.
So, all of a sudden, my babies Coffee and Toffee who lived with me for quite a long time, in separate homes but somehow belonging together (in my mind), are gone. Since summer 2014, we had wild mouse parties on many nights; I want to thank both Toffee and Coffee for all the time they shared with me.

Nestmouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Toffee and Coffee  Empty Re: Toffee and Coffee

Post by Peachy Fri 03 Jun 2016, 1:25 pm

Sad I'm sorry for your losses. It sounds like Toffee and Coffee had great lives with you. Hope you're doing alright.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 03 Jun 2016, 1:29 pm

I'm sorry for your loss.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Fri 03 Jun 2016, 2:05 pm

So sorry to hear this Sad it's hard enough to lose one mouse, but losing two in a small amount of time is extra tough. Rest in peace little ones.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 03 Jun 2016, 2:22 pm

I'm so sorry about your poor boys. It sounds like they were truly loved.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Fri 03 Jun 2016, 4:26 pm

So sorry for your losses, Nestmouse. Remember the wonderful life the boys had with you, knowing they were loved every minute.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Musculus Fri 01 Jul 2016, 9:33 am

To lose two boys so close together must be devastating, NM. I'm sorry for your loss. They are in Heavenly peace now.
Musculus
Musculus

Libra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 01 Jul 2016, 2:44 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. Just remember they had a great life thanks to you.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum