Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vegans??

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Vegans?? Empty Vegans??

Post by goldfishfanforever Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:10 pm

So guys I would love to be vegan but my parents won't allow it however I was wondering if any of you were vegans and if so how do you find it??
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Vegans?? Empty Re: Vegans??

Post by Artistwolf Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:24 pm

Honestly I really don't see the point in being vegan. I mean, it's a personal choice, but it doesn't hurt a chicken to take unfertilized eggs from it, does it? A cow has to be milked or otherwise its painful for it if it has milk that's not getting drunk. I mean, are there bad situations with chickens being abused so eating the eggs supports that? Of course. But you can fix that by getting local, farm-raised eggs, or getting milk from a trustworthy farmer's market. Those are just two of them though.
Anyway, that over, I would say that you would have to do a ton of research. You can't just not eat meat or eggs or milk; you'll get deficiencies in all sorts of vitamins and minerals and whatnot. So you would have to look up a while lot of information about recipes and everything—I mean, as a vegan, you can't even eat normal bread! So a lot of home cooking and/or a whole lot of money is involved. It's not easy, but if you feel like it's important to you, do your homework. Otherwise it could get dangerous to your health, even if it doesn't seem like it.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:31 pm

I thought the only reason cows produced milk was because they have had a calf which is then ripped away from them so we get milk. I looked into bread a while back and apparently a lot of vegans eat normal bread as they don't view yeast as an animal product.
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:38 pm

Um, doesn't bread have milk in it? The bread we make does... Then again, maybe non-homemade bread doesn't. Lol.
You could be right about the milk, I suppose. Somehow I thought that the cow was just continually milked after the calf was finished, and that kept up milk production? That's what wet-nurses did in the old days.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:40 pm

Artistwolf wrote:Um, doesn't bread have milk in it? The bread we make does... Then again, maybe non-homemade bread doesn't. Lol.
You could be right about the milk, I suppose. Somehow I thought that the cow was just continually milked after the calf was finished, and that kept up milk production? That's what wet-nurses did in the old days.
Apparently some breads do contain milk but others don't. I think goats continuously produce milk but I'm not sure
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:45 pm

Ah, well then, a good alternative! I would say try going vegetarian before jumping into vegan. And do research on that too. Meat has a lot of stuff in it that you'd be missing out on if you just ate what you do now without the meat. I think there are a lot of unhealthy vegetarians because they've never bothered researching.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:49 pm

Artistwolf wrote:Ah, well then, a good alternative! I would say try going vegetarian before jumping into vegan. And do research on that too. Meat has a lot of stuff in it that you'd be missing out on if you just ate what you do now without the meat. I think there are a lot of unhealthy vegetarians because they've never bothered researching.
Yeah I would definitely research just like if I got a new pet and I have tried quite a few vegetarian things and love the taste of them over meat so maybe I could gradually switch to becoming a vegetarian and then later on become a vegan.
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:52 pm

I do agree, vegetarian stuff is really yummy! I could see myself as one just because I'm not a huge fan of meat. Although I'd need to occasionally have my chicken fingers or barbecue ground turkey pasta Laughing
But it's all about finding that balance Wink

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:56 pm

Artistwolf wrote:I do agree, vegetarian stuff is really yummy! I could see myself as one just because I'm not a huge fan of meat. Although I'd need to occasionally have my chicken fingers or barbecue ground turkey pasta Laughing
But it's all about finding that balance Wink
Yeah I think once I am able to leave home then I am able to eat how I want to eat but I have to respect how my parents buy food for me and care for me so at least I should be grateful for that Smile
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:59 pm

Yeah, for sure Smile

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Fri 03 Jun 2016, 10:00 pm

Artistwolf wrote:Yeah, for sure Smile
Yeah although when I can I try to blame my braces for hurting to get out of eating meat Smile
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 03 Jun 2016, 10:05 pm

goldfishfanforever wrote:I thought the only reason cows produced milk was because they have had a calf which is then ripped away from them so we get milk.

That's more vegan propoganda than actual truth. I've heard from farmers (don't quote me on this, I haven't done back up research) that cows are not great mothers and can sometimes even step on their calves, so reputable farmers take the calves to rear them safely, and cows really don't care that much about it. Not sure if it's true or not, but that's what I've heard from good farmers. Vegans are notorious for making up garbage lies to try and spread their practices, so I would never take anything they say at face value. Are there horrible abuses in the meat and food industries? Oh, boy, yes. Never look too closely at petition sites if you don't want to spawn a newborn hatred of humanity. But are there ways to not support it and get meat and animal products from safe and reputable places? Yes.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Fri 03 Jun 2016, 10:09 pm

CinnamonPearl wrote:
goldfishfanforever wrote:I thought the only reason cows produced milk was because they have had a calf which is then ripped away from them so we get milk.

That's more vegan propoganda than actual truth. I've heard from farmers (don't quote me on this, I haven't done back up research) that cows are not great mothers and can sometimes even step on their calves, so reputable farmers take the calves to rear them safely, and cows really don't care that much about it. Not sure if it's true or not, but that's what I've heard from good farmers. Vegans are notorious for making up garbage lies to try and spread their practices, so I would never take anything they say at face value. Are there horrible abuses in the meat and food industries? Oh, boy, yes. Never look too closely at petition sites if you don't want to spawn a newborn hatred of humanity. But are there ways to not support it and get meat and animal products from safe and reputable places? Yes.
I know not everything vegans say is true and I'm sure there are a lot of farmers that do it for the safety of the calves but some are just neglectful and spiteful in how they treat animals.
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 03 Jun 2016, 10:13 pm

Those are mostly the big industry, factory meat producers than actual, local and small farmers. Now those people are the absolute scum of humanity. Most farmers are good to their animals or at least do nothing wrong. You just have to do your research and buy from the right people. Go to a farmer's market and ask questions. Reputable farmers should be more than willing to discuss their methods and practices.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Fri 03 Jun 2016, 10:16 pm

CinnamonPearl wrote:Those are mostly the big industry, factory meat producers than actual, local and small farmers. Now those people are the absolute scum of humanity. Most farmers are good to their animals or at least do nothing wrong. You just have to do your research and buy from the right people. Go to a farmer's market and ask questions. Reputable farmers should be more than willing to discuss their methods and practices.
I Will look into going to a farmers market and and ask questions as I would love to find out more about my food Smile
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: