Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irresistible Treats?

4 posters

Go down

Irresistible Treats?  Empty Irresistible Treats?

Post by chiroptera Wed 17 Jan 2018, 8:37 pm

I want to work more with the girls (and eventually Pumpkin) so that they'll walk out of the cage and onto my hand on their own. Trouble does it, but she's a mama's girl, Checkers does occasionally, and Zee Zee has done it a few times, but none of them are quite to the point I'd like them to be with it. Eventually, I want them to come when I make a certain noise, but for now getting them to step out is my goal.

Anyway, I was wondering what treats people have had success with using to lure their mice out of the cage. Of course everyone's mice are different, but it would help to know what people have had success with in the past!

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Irresistible Treats?  Empty Re: Irresistible Treats?

Post by Razumouse Wed 17 Jan 2018, 9:13 pm

My past mice (and current mice!) have all loved sunflower seeds, millet and peanut butter, which are the main foods I used to train/lure them, but all mice are individuals so experiment to find out what works best for you. Hope this helps Smile

Razumouse
Razumouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinchillasxoxo Thu 18 Jan 2018, 12:29 pm

I use plain rolled oats. They are the natural, whole grain ones and the mice really seem to love these.
Chinchillasxoxo
Chinchillasxoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 18 Jan 2018, 2:29 pm

None of my mice have been too picky. I listed off some treats that my mice have enjoyed not too long ago in this thread. But I don't ever use treats during taming. I find it can encourage nipping/biting. But I do make sure to hide some treats in their enclosure for them to find when taming sessions are over.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum