Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mealworm pupas and beetles are okay to feed, right?

3 posters

Go down

Mealworm pupas and beetles are okay to feed, right?  Empty Mealworm pupas and beetles are okay to feed, right?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 18 Jan 2018, 8:34 pm

I've been feeding the mice the mealworm beetles and the mealworm pupas, is that okay? I figured since the mealworms are safe, they would be safe in the different stages of their life-cycle too. My dad doesn't like the beetles and pupas because his reptiles can't eat them, so he tells me I can have all of those for the mice...

Autumn seems to love the beetles, it's kind of disturbing to watch her eat them but she seems to enjoy it Laughing All the other mice don't care for the beetles but love the pupas.

Mealworm pupas and beetles are okay to feed, right?  Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Mealworm pupas and beetles are okay to feed, right?  Empty Re: Mealworm pupas and beetles are okay to feed, right?

Post by deleted Fri 19 Jan 2018, 1:19 am

The pupas are fine. I don't know much about beetles, but if they are meant for reptiles they should also be fine.

deleted
Jr Member
Jr Member

Festive

Back to top Go down

Mealworm pupas and beetles are okay to feed, right?  Empty Re: Mealworm pupas and beetles are okay to feed, right?

Post by CallaLily Fri 19 Jan 2018, 8:44 am

Yes, all three stages are safe. But I find most of my past and present critters sort of snub the beetles. Maybe they're not as tasty? But I know for sure they're safe.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum